New P95 owner here.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sal

Bearcat
Like i mentioned in my title i bought my first handgun Saturday @ a local gunshow. Paid $286 for my blued brand new P95. Took it the range on sunday and boy do i stink!! wife out shot me, and it was her first time shooting any gun period. Just wanted to drop in and type a few words from a first time ruger owner and new member to the board.

railroader

Single-Sixer
Your shooting will get better. Ruger triggers take a while to get used to. Welcome to the forum. Mark

Sal

Bearcat
Yea watched a bunch of online video on stance and technique lets see if it improves my shooting at the range. cant get any worse. lol

Sal

Bearcat
Mthanded it is a good no pun intended bang for the buck pistol in my opinion did my research and wanted a affordable pistol with affordable ammunition and had to be 9mm. the p95 meets all these requirements for me. you wont be disappointed with the ruger p95 its an inexpensive solid piece of AMERICAN firepower.

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
Become a sponge, absorb all the tips and techniques you can on shooting, stances, grip, state of mind etc and you will improve, oh and a few hundred rounds of practice wont hurt.

Loving my p95 and am pretty accurate with it too!

I always considered my self a pretty good shot with a handgun... and grew up with revolvers. My first real semiauto was a P95 inherited from my late brother in law. I could just barely hit the side of a barn standing inside of it. Over time and a few hundred rounds I got better.

Sal

Bearcat
Hitting the range this weekend to use the wealth of knowledge i have picked up from this site and others. But nothing beats practice,practice,practice. thanks to all.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new P95. In addition to your live fire practice, don't be afraid to do some dryfire practice as well to get used to the trigger. To inhance your dryfire practice, place a nickel just behind the front sight as you dryfire in single action. Once you can get at least 20 in a row without knocking the nickel off, try the same exercise in double action (you'll be suprised how much it will improve your accuracy for your next range visit :D)

Sal

Bearcat
went saturday to the range and put 200 rounds threw with no problems. noticed a much tighter grouping but im a little low left. wife was all over the place she was having trouble keeping her eyes open and looking threw clean sights without closing one eye. dont know if this is the correct way to aim but i got better grouping keeping both eyes open looking at clear sights with the target being a little blurry.

Not to put you down.... but a good handgun class will not hurt. And in most places they have 'women only ' classes that your wife might like.

both eyes open is the right way.... also she is probably not focusing right... you focus on the front sight and the target is usually way out of focus... I know this sounds strange but is the right way to shoot well. Then again.... I've discovered that within 15ft or so the best way to shoot the P95 is just to point the damn thing in the general direction and pull the trigger.

You and your wife need a Ruger MKIII... I bet she'll love it.