new model single 6 stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dcb

Bearcat
:?: what can anyone tell me about this pistol.
5 1/2" barrel both 22long rifle and 22magnum cylenders. wood grips with the ruger emblem, I believe it was made in the 1980's.
like new in the box condition maybe fired once. also have the box.
#262-0224xx.. cant find any info with this type serial number in the blue book.
Any info greatly appriciated.
Thanks Dave

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
If I was at home, I'd look up the gun but since I'm in Idaho right now,, I'm not much help. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.
Basically just because the Blue Book doesn't have info, doesn't mean much. The serial numer sounds correct for that model.
I don't think you have anything special except an excellent shooter! Shoot & enjoy!

flatgate

Hawkeye
dcb":fg1yhri4 said:
#262-0224xx.. cant find any info with this type serial number in the blue book.
Any info greatly appriciated.
Thanks Dave

260 prefix; '83-'85
261 prefix; '85-'89
262 prefix; '89-'94
263 prefix; '94-'01

Data from the Red Eagle News Exchanges' Ruger Reference.

flatgate

dcb, welcome to the Forum,,,,,,as for the specifice model,BY serial number, that is NOT broken down in the 'Blue book...you have a "new model
' and as such look there, the difference is finish material (blue steel versus 'stainless' that will be the pricing difference, like distributor specials, MOST of the time, they are NOT shown...gotta get this info from 'RENE' as Flatgate says, and even then the prices will be in the values cited by other collectors and only if something "special; rare, etc.....AND on an "average of what other collectors may spend for this item...."

dcb

Bearcat
thanks again,this will help me zero in . what are they worth in your opinion?
condition is 98% or better. very clean.
does this moel have any collectors value?
Dave

flatgate

Hawkeye
dcb":1u09ke5l said:
does this moel have any collectors value?
Dave

Not really. The New Model Single-Six collector would certainly have one just to "fill out" the collection.

The real "collectible" versions have less common features, i.e. 4-5/8" barrels, "star or arrow" markings on the lower portion of the cylinder frame, cylinders with firing pin grooves, mag cylinders with flutes, "old model" style boxes, etc., etc.

If I'm going shooting and want to include the .22 LR the FIRST gun out of the toybox is my stainless Single-Six.....

264767830.jpg

flatgate