NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK BISLEY .357 7 1/2 BARREL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jg1947

Bearcat
Hope someone can give me a little info here, I'm new to the forum. I picked up at Gunbroker a brand new New Model Blackhawk Bisley in .357 Mag with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. It's beautiful, great to shoot... but can't find anything about it at the Ruger website. I called customer service, they told me from the serial number it was made in March of this year, but she didn't know any more about it.
Is this model Bisley rare and just coming into production?? Does anyone know anything about them?? Thank you very much, JG

mrbumps

Blackhawk
They have made them in the past. A quick check on Davidson's website does list them, however they are currently out of stock.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
It's a model that Davidson's has recently gotten some of. Guessing either a small cleanup run or Davidson's simply contracted a small run of them. Was a standard cataloged model for years and years so nothing difficult in making a run of them.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
If I remember right they have made 357, 41, 44 and 45 blued Bisleys with 7.5" barrels. I bought a 357 and a 44 about 10 years ago. These days all you see made are the 45's and 44's although it doesn't surprise me that Davidson's or one of the other distributors had a run of 357's done again.

jg1947

Bearcat
Thank you everybody for the helpful info. Yes, it looks just like the .45 and .44 on the website.....I just added some ivory grips from Hogue.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
IF MEMORY SERVES, they were introduced in 1985 along with the entire line of Bisley Blackhawk pistols in all their common calibers. They'te about as rare as boxcars in a Railyard. Mine is the highest velocity 357MAG revolver I ever chronographed . I've tested WAY over one hundred 357MAG sixguns in the past fifty years. I gave it away to a fellow Shootist when he went stark raving queer for it and it's AMAZING accuracy.
And so it goes...

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
I saw one about a year ago in a gun shop in .357 mag, I darn near brought it home. Very nice gun, It had the Bisley script on the cylinder, 7.5 bbl, and of course the Bisley grip frame. A beauty.

I believe they were made early to late 80's. Pretty sure you can look up the serial #.

chet15

Hawkeye
jg1947 said:
Hope someone can give me a little info here, I'm new to the forum. I picked up at Gunbroker a brand new New Model Blackhawk Bisley in .357 Mag with a 7 1/2 inch barrel. It's beautiful, great to shoot... but can't find anything about it at the Ruger website. I called customer service, they told me from the serial number it was made in March of this year, but she didn't know any more about it.
Is this model Bisley rare and just coming into production?? Does anyone know anything about them?? Thank you very much, JG

There were ten of them and that was it. I don't know what the story is...maybe Ruger found 10 .357 Bisley cylinders laying there so turned them into guns.
A while back Williams also got a small batch of RB35W in, these were in the 38-09297 to 38-09311 and would have the rollmark on the bottom of the barrel with large NEWPORT.
I doubt if there are over 50 of this variation in all.
Chet15

I had one and used it for a "deer rifle" for years in Vermont and upstate NYS where we mostly hunted from tree stands in our "frozen jungle." Killed 'em dead with factory 158 gr. Gold Dot at the short ranges there. Only thing I didn't like about it was the weight, which was a non-issue in a tree stand. Traded it in on a half-lug blue GP-100 which was a tad lighter, quicker, and quieter since you don't have to cock it.

I may be dis-remembering, but I believe I got that Bisley from a gunshop in North Idaho in about 1984, so the model has been around a while. They do SHOOT!

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Poor guy when from having a great gun that is a fun shooter to discovering he could have a one in ten variant that to some collector could be worth something :p

You just have to love buying Rugers as you just never know what you are looking at!