New MKIII 22/45 first time to the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wcmaas

Bearcat
This MKIII 22/45 is the 5 1/2" bull barrel blue steel model with adjustable sights. Just to let you know --- it was perfect over about 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags. I was prepared to quickly remove the LCI if I experienced and feeding/extraction problems but not a one. Trigger decent. Sights from the factory had a pronounced left bias but adjusted that out quickly. Very happy and pleased with this product. :D

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
That's encouraging as I'm waiting on a 22/45 5.5" fluted bbl hunter model in blue. It would be nice if Ruger ships to Davidson's and Davidson's ships to my dealer sometime this year...

TXRaidr

Bearcat
I finished putting about 400 rounds through my MKIII 22/45 this weekend. I've had mine for about a year now. It's a fun pistol too shoot and is great to teach new folks on and the ammo doesn't break the bank. I'm actually saving up to buy another one it's so much fun.

Out of curiosity, have you stripped yours yet? I've done it twice and for some reason have a whirl of a time getting the pin assembly back in.

wcmaas

Bearcat
Not yet. I sense it's a tight gun and with every tight gun I have owned, I get a few hundred rounds through it before I field strip it. I believe or am superstitious that that will loosen up the gun a bit. It was that way with a S&W Performance Center gun I've had for years. It got easier to re-assemble over time.

Take a look at this:

http://www.guntalk-online.com/2245detailstripping.htm