New member, new 22/45!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Winch

Bearcat
Hello all! New guy here. I have some other pistols but the ammo cost is prohibitive to shoot any decent volumes, so I got myself a Mark III 22/45, bull barrel, SS, 5.5". I went to the range last night and put about 200 rounds of Thunderbolt through it. I had 3 FTF's, and 1 jam (operator error). I was very pleased with the performance of the gun. Frankly, shooting .22 is just about as much fun as the bigger stuff and WAY cheaper. I did manage to do strip it, clean it, and get it back together!! Of course I had the manual at hand. Anyway, I'm very pleased with the pistol and I hope to learn some good Ruger stuff here. Thank you.

810wmb

Single-Sixer
8)

welcome, sir!

MJB, from the fdp, hangs over here some too.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Welcome, good choice for a 22. I have a Mark III target and really enjoy shooting it and like you said its cheaper to shoot. Again welcome,dusterman

Winch

Bearcat
Hey 810wmb...fancy meeting you here!! Just a pickin' and a grinnin'!!

Winch

Bearcat
Quick update: 400 rounds or so, dead accurate gun at 25'. Assembly a little tricky...keep the book handy. Breaking in nicely.

GhosT

Blackhawk
Winch,
Congrats on a getting a great gun.

My 22/45 is a Mark II,(stainless,5 1/2" bull barrel)
Both accurate and reliable as hell!

Although was designed as a rimfire practice gun for 1911 owners,
It has more than proven itself as a GREAT Target/trail/hunting gun!

I scoped mine at first, but realized fast..this gun rocks with open sites.

KUDOS on yer choice ;)

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Welcome and nice job on the gun purchase. I think a lot of us are
in the same ammo boat and shooting .22's make sense right now.
Plus it doesn't aggravate my arm/shoulder pain as much.
The older I get, the lighter the loads become. :)

welder

Buckeye
The 22/45 is one of my favorite guns, it fits my hand perfectly and I could sit and shoot it for hours. The best value out there in .22 I believe. My only complaint, the loaded chamber indicator, oh and the short story inscribed on the side about safety.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
welder":32cv7w99 said:
The 22/45 is one of my favorite guns, it fits my hand perfectly and I could sit and shoot it for hours. The best value out there in .22 I believe. My only complaint, the loaded chamber indicator, oh and the short story inscribed on the side about safety.
I bought one of the last 22/45 Mk II's made before the Mk III took over. Mine is in 5.5" bull barrel, stainless steel format and was made recently enough to be factory drilled and tapped and came with the factory Weaver scope base but missed the Mk III "enhancements" like the loaded chamber indicator and the mag disconnect.

Winch

Bearcat
Why no love for the LCI? I kinda like it. My Beretta's have that feature too. Just askin'. One wierd thing is that the safety is not RED when in fire mode. That is different from most other modern pistols, no?

jhearne

Buckeye
I have a plain MKIII tapered barrel, but the fixed sights are just ok, I'd rather move back into the 22/45 and get some adj sights and bull barrel sometime soon. My father kicks my rear at the range with his Buckmark.

As for the LCI, I don't pay it any attention, it stays out of my way, I stay out of it's way. But Ruger .22 Pistols are just fun to shoot any chance I get.

Josh