New Member from CT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Baxter6551

Bearcat
Hello! Happy Super Bowl Sunday to y'all. New member here from CT. Over 10 years on S&W Forum with same user name. Not really a Ruger collector as opposed to a Ruger user but I have managed to accumulate some nice Ruger rifles and handguns. My wife bought me a Model 77 International .308 for a first anniversary gift (1982) so that was a good start ! Took my first buck with it. Unfortunately the same year semi inherited father in laws blue 6" Security Six. Look forward to being a member and learning more about Rugers. As can be seen from the photo I posted I'm not far from Lacey Place. I'm hoping to add another Ruger shortly.
Army / Retired LEO / Police and Security Firearms Instructor.

Attachments

• 34BBDAE7-9987-48D5-A60C-8969E27A9F18.jpeg
    34BBDAE7-9987-48D5-A60C-8969E27A9F18.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 3BE6B2CA-9372-45B8-83BA-665E138EBFF1.jpeg
    3BE6B2CA-9372-45B8-83BA-665E138EBFF1.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

wws

Bearcat
Welcome from a long time Fairfield, CT resident now living in SC.
During my summers when I was in college I worked at the plating factory right across the street from Ruger.

Baxter6551

Bearcat
Hey WWS - yes the plating factory is still there - Superior Plating Company and appears to be going strong based on the number of cars there. I go by there to visit the Gunsmithing Unlimited Shop in the back of the Ruger Factory.

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Hello! Happy Super Bowl Sunday to y'all. New member here from CT. Over 10 years on S&W Forum with same user name. Not really a Ruger collector as opposed to a Ruger user but I have managed to accumulate some nice Ruger rifles and handguns. My wife bought me a Model 77 International .308 for a first anniversary gift (1982) so that was a good start ! Took my first buck with it. Unfortunately the same year semi inherited father in laws blue 6" Security Six. Look forward to being a member and learning more about Rugers. As can be seen from the photo I posted I'm not far from Lacey Place. I'm hoping to add another Ruger shortly.
Army / Retired LEO / Police and Security Firearms Instructor.
Welcome, retired LEO! The Super Bowl was a great game! I see you are also on a S&W forum also. It is nice to hear that you have some Ruger made guns as well. I am a dire hard Ruger fan, and all my guns are Ruger revolvers - two .357 Mag revolvers (Blackhawk and GP100), and one Blackhaek .45LC/ACP (covertible).

My .357 Mag Blackhawk is also blued, but the other two are stainless, which I prefer. Thanks for sharing your gun pics. There is a theme here in this forum where people have shown pics of their revolvers. There is one thread for Single Action Centerfire revolvers (https://www.rugerforum.com/threads/single-action-revolver-pictures-centerfire.304353/), and one for Single Action Rimfile revolvers (https://www.rugerforum.com/threads/single-action-revolver-pictures-rimfire.304351/). There maybe others. At the bottom of the first page on the single action centerfire thread, are pics of my two Ruger single action revolvers.