New M77 MKII Compact SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

QB

Single-Sixer
I was able to pick up my new M77 MKII Compact today (.223 caliber). It's stainless with a black laminate compact stock & 16 1/8" barrel.

While I was waiting for it to arrive I purchased another AR15 and had decided to sell the MKII. Well I took it out of the box and fell in love with it so I've decided to keep it and sell a few other rifles instead (I want to thin the herd to help pay for my new purchases).

The smooth stainless is just gorgeous so I am very happy to have decided on the M77 MKII due to it's finish. And the overall size of it is great (I love rifles with short barrels).

Came with scope rings but I still have to purchase a scope because all my optics are Aimpoint H-1s which of course don't fit unless I installed some sort of rail.

I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow but won't be able to shoot the rifle until late October so a range report will have to wait. This is my first bolt action rifle but I think I'm going to really like it. I'll just be using it at the range for a little variety.

COWTOWNER

Single-Sixer
I've had a M77 Compact in .223 for 8 years. Its blue with walnut stock. I have really enjoyed it and find that the size makes it a pleasure to carry in the field...

I hope you enjoy yours also.

Thanks

Mike

QB

Single-Sixer
Some quick pictures. Think I'll get a stainless rail and go ahead and use my Aimpoint H-1 rather than buy a scope....not sure but it's what I'm leaning towards.

M77MKII.jpg

M77MKIIa.jpg

M77MKIIb.jpg

sarco001

Bearcat
I picked one up used a couple of weeks ago, reworked the trigger, relieved the fore-stock and mounted a scope.
Mine looks a lot like yours, except for the pattern of the laminated stock.
Shoots extremely well and it's light.
I'll keep this one for a long time.