New LCR Hi Viz front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fordm67

Bearcat
It's a whole lot easier to line up your shot go to Hiviz.com they have a video of the lcr with the sight on it. Very easy to install, no messy glue just one little pin

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
fordm67":16mb664k said:
It's a whole lot easier to line up your shot go to Hiviz.com they have a video of the lcr with the sight on it. Very easy to install, no messy glue just one little pin
Thank you for your reply.

Here is the correct web address:

http://www.hivizsights.com/

Quick question: How does it connect? I did not see anything about the install on their site.

Thanks again~

JDP_12

Bearcat
fordm67":3bul7hua said:
Installed a new red Hi Viz front sight on my LCR what a difference!!!!!
Did you install it yourself? Was it difficult? I ordered a green one and am awaiting arrival . . .

fordm67

Bearcat
Very easy to install it comes with a new pin, u just push the old pin out pull up on the sight, then push on the new sight and push in the pin. The key is finding a small punch to get the old pin out, it is in there tight!!

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
fordm67":10ew9zv6 said:
Very easy to install it comes with a new pin, u just push the old pin out pull up on the sight, then push on the new sight and push in the pin. The key is finding a small punch to get the old pin out, it is in there tight!!
Thanks for the info.

Does the sight seat down in a hole on the front of the barrel? And, it was obviously easy to put in without damaging the sight?

So, overall, on a scale of 1-10, what is your thoughts on the LCR (conceal-ability, recoil, performance, features, finish, etc.)?

JDP_12

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. fordm67. USMCXD, I haven't had the LCR for very long (a few months) and am quite new to revolvers, but my review so far is this gun is awesome! If you read and research this gun, you'll know what to expect. The +P loads are bit snappy, but the recoil is manageable and actually you get used to it the more you shoot it. With proper technique it is very accurate. The trigger is as advertised - silky smooth and consistent. Just be sure to let the trigger fully re-set between shots, and don't short-stroke the trigger. This results in the cylinder not cycling. Again, with proper technique this is not an issue, and absolutely does not inhibit one's ability to shoot super fast. I'm going to replace the factory front sight with a green Hi Viz (personal preference). Concealability is excellent as well. There's numerous ways to carry this gun, and I've settled (for now) on front pocket-carry.

JDP_12

Bearcat
DeSantis Nemesis. My only complaint is it's a bit difficult re-holstering in the pocket, as this holster does not remain open very well. I guess that's the trade-off for great concealability though.

fordm67

Bearcat
I would give it a 9 out of 10, now I'm just waiting for someone to come up with new grips, I like the ones on it but it grips my front pocket a little to much, I would like a nice hard smooth grip for conceal purpose. The sight sits down on a hump with a hole in the middle of it, just take your time and u shouldn't mess up the finish!!