New LCR Grips!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I love my Ruger LCRs, and carry one of them daily. Since my hands are rather large, and the standard Hogue grips are rather small, I wanted something that would give me a little more purchase without giving up pocket carry as an option. I was thinking of getting a pair of Eagle checkered secret service grips, but these were a lot less expensive. The Hogue G10s are perfect for me. They feel great in my hand, they do not add bulk yet I can get three fingers around them, and they are non slip. Different colors allow for easy identification as to caliber.

Here they are in Lava Red (9mm) and black (38 spec):

3930a588437ba89aa5419e9e29d60b89_zpssffptkjl.jpg

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
charlesappel said:
How do the grips handle the felt recoil?
Haven't been to the range yet, we've had nothing but rain for the past three weeks. Judging by the grip I can get I would imagine recoil will be handled quite well.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
Do they fit both the LCR and LCRX?

I don't believe so. Optics Planet describes them as: " G10 grips for enclosed hammer LCR" so I guess that excludes the LCRX.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
They look nice. Even thought about getting a pair. That was before I bought a pair of smooth G10 hogues for a smith and wesson 44 mag. They do absolutely nothing to even remotely absorb recoil. Thank god they were smooth so I could let her buck. If I tried to hold it down recoil was a brutal smack to the hand. Letting the gun buck is great for riding out recoil but so much for fast followups.

I can handle recoil. Fullhouse Ruger only loads in a 44 super blackhawk and a 480 SRH are nothing compared to this. Same gun with wood grip no trouble with a rubber grip it is a pussycat by comparison.

Hope things are better for you.