New LCR Grip?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ranburr

Bearcat
I'm looking for something considerable smaller that doesn't cover the backstrap. Prefer that it be made of wood or even plastic and no larger than it absolutely has to be.

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I am working on making wood grips for the LCR. As of yet I have a lot of orders and have not got to that project yet. I'll make a note of your user name and drop you a line when I get some made. Steve

NMCB3

Bearcat
The laser grip is quite a bit smaller and lighter than the rubber grip. The pistol weighs 13.5 oz with the Hogue and 13oz with the laser. Also the laser grip is more concealable and doesn't grab at your cloths like the Hogue. The recoil absorption between the two is similar also. The biggest attribute IMO is the laser itself. If your looking for a wood grip I`d say its only a matter of time.

ranburr

Bearcat
Steve, thank you I will be waiting. NMCB3, I am just not a fan of lasers.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
ranburr":30kmtdw0 said:
I'm looking for something considerable smaller that doesn't cover the backstrap. Prefer that it be made of wood or even plastic and no larger than it absolutely has to be.

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing but, the LCR uses a grip stud (I believe that is what they call it), so it will aways have a stip of grip material over the back of the grip. The grip is not made the same way as a S&W.

Charlie

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I belive the "grip stud" is just Hogue's thing, look at there Ruger Single action grips they use it also but the Factory grips have the screw that go through the center so I am sure something is possible for the LCR.