New LCPII 22 fail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ia.redneck

Bearcat
Been looking at pocket sized 22's for quite awhile now and found a good deal on a new LCPII in 22rf. Got it home and lubed it up. Took it out back (I'm in the country here in Iowa) and tried to fire it. No go. Hammer won't fall.

I know it has a mag safety, but I had a full magazine installed. It feels like they forgot to install the trigger bar. Long and light trigger pull with very little resistance. Guess I should have inspected it better at the store. Oh well.

contender

Ruger Guru
If the gun is new,, it was test fired at the factory before being shipped.

A polite call to Ruger might help you figure out what's going on.

Ia.redneck

Bearcat
Yes, I made sure that was off. Thank you for trying to help. The trigger moves fully to the rear no matter what position the safety is in. With the magazine removed it stops about halfway back. Not sure if that is normal. First time for me buying a new Ruger that didn't work great right out of the box. They are normally great guns. I have no doubt they will make it right.

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
Ruger will take care of you, I had trouble with a Mark IV and they took care of me in a very timely manner. They may hesitate on a time frame but they are fast. They told me they couldn't give me a time for return but I had mine back 7 days after it was shipped to them.

Ia.redneck

Bearcat
Got the LCPII back from Ruger a couple days ago
Havent had time to put many rounds through it yet, only about 60. First 30 had a lot of hiccups, but the last 30 were Federal Auto Match and they ran 100%
At least it fires now! :)

silverback

Blackhawk
If you want to see everything about how to take down the lcpii check this link out.

Great info on totsl disassrmbly and reassembly. It helped me to get rid of that darn mag disconnect. I had taken safety out but i am carrying in my pocket with supplied holster that i decided to put it back in. I recently decided to install their trigger spring kit and trigger. Galloway has good reputation.

The spring kit should be here in next couple of days. The trigger will restock in a couple weeks.

Latest posts