New LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

raveneap

Bearcat
This past Tuesday I ordered an LCP from my LGS. Less then 24 hrs later he called and said it was in! Picked it up and hope to try it out this weekend.

DSC05779a.jpg
[/img]

GaryT

Bearcat
Nice! I get to pick mine up tomorrow...I'm really looking forward to getting it to the range. Hope you enjoy yours!

A

Anonymous

Got mine today! Neatooo.. Comes with one clip and 2 clip floors. Lock and rug.

mysr9c

Bearcat
I keep telling myself that my next purchase will be a revolver. (since i don't own one)

But it's so tempting to get an LCP and carry it on my leg.

kscott

Single-Sixer
mysr9c":sg1l26yz said:
I keep telling myself that my next purchase will be a revolver. (since i don't own one)

But it's so tempting to get an LCP and carry it on my leg.

have you considered or handled the LCR? Mighty fine little revolver.

mysr9c

Bearcat
I really like the idea of concealed carry on the leg. I have the cop 3 holster for my SR9c. However, my current job doesn't allow firearms. So the ankle holster would be ideal for work. IE: Fobus or Unkle Mikes

I haven't really looked for ankle holsters for the LCR. I would imagine the LCP would be easier to carry.

comparisonr.png

kscott

Single-Sixer
Yeah, I agree. I do think the LCP would be easier to ankle carry. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't considered it.

A

Anonymous

Took my new LCP out today for some break-in firing.. Was a hoot to shoot. Everyone in the family got a chance to fire it and it won over eveyone

Only a couple stove-pipes by the ladies otherwise flawless and pretty accurate at about 25 feet for us beginners with a pocket pistol.

Easy to field stip to clean... No tools required except to the cleaning rod and solvents

Very happy with my purchase. Get one, you'll like it!

raveneap

Bearcat
Ordered a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster for the LCP. It came today. Really unbelievable. It slips into your front pocket and keeps the gun in position. I thought that it would never stay in the pocket when the gun was drawn, but it does. Gun slides out nicely and goes back in the same way and the holster remains in position in the pocket. Gtreat inexpensive solution to pocket carrying.

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
raveneap":2nu40ps3 said:
Ordered a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster for the LCP. It came today. Really unbelievable. It slips into your front pocket and keeps the gun in position. I thought that it would never stay in the pocket when the gun was drawn, but it does. Gun slides out nicely and goes back in the same way and the holster remains in position in the pocket. Gtreat inexpensive solution to pocket carrying.
I started carrying the Kel-Tec P3AT in a Nemesis a few years ago. Loved it. When Ruger came out with the LCP, I switched pistols, but still carry the same way. The front pocket carry is very secure and very discreet.

Bigfoot62

Bearcat
Doug45601":3p0m0hm8 said:
Easy to field strip to clean... No tools required except to the cleaning rod and solvents

Just a matter of personal preference, but after cleaning and re-assembly I ALWAYS fire one or two rounds through the pistol before placing it back in the pocket holster, to test for proper function. After all, it is a carry gun and it has to work or it's useless. :wink:

raveneap

Bearcat
Finally got a chance to fire the new LCP today. Very satisfied. 7 yards will fit in a 2 1/2 - 3" circle. Plenty good enough. Recoil wasn't bad and conceals well in the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Son & his wife also liked it. All in all, a good purchase and fun to shoot.

Latest posts