New LCP ,, and new Ruger owner.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BWright200

Bearcat
Hello Ruger Forum,,

This weekend I picked up my first Ruger, the LCP custom. I have owned a G21 and G36 and a SW 686.. ( I include this to show guns are not new to me.)

I am excited about the gun and its size. I had fired a older LCP owned by a co-worker and felt it fit a need with its size that I wanted,, and I am even happier with the custom, as I think the trigger and sights makes it a even better gun. trigger color don't bother me as you wont see it anyway while I have it on.

Anyway reason for my post. Today I brought it to the range and included it in the guns I shot today. I fired some sig 380 ammo with 100 grain, and some American eagle with 95 grain.

I found a issue with my magazine's. During my break in,, I found the 6 round that came with the gun a little sloopy seating,.. I feel after using it today Its a bit better, I do have a problem with the extra Ruger Brand 7 round magazine I bought for my second magazine. It doesn't want to seat into the gun. even empty.

anyone else have that issue ? Im hoping the feel of how the magazine seats into the gun improves with the 6 round also. I felt the gun shot well and even as a bigger guy It worked with my hands size with no issues and it fits great in the pocket holster.

So any advice would be welcome.. my co worker is on vacation but I think in a week Ill ask him for his magazine's to try in my gun. Is ruger pretty good on standing behind something like this? I also intend to give it a good cleaning...

anyway hello....

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Ruger customer service is good and they stand behind the product. That said, I do have to wish that their QC was better so fewer of us would have to discover how good the customer service is...

BWright200

Bearcat
I may have been premature with some of my post,,.. Ive spent some time with it and it seems like I may have experienced a bit of its break in period. The stock 6 round is seating in the gun with a audible c lick now and has a much better feel. Still not happy with the 7 round magazine yet but will give it some time.

This model is a great carry. First downside with it I see with driving is its trapped in my front pocket. but after Im out of the truck its good..I do a lot of driving and its often I have my G36 on my waist at 4 o clock all day in the seat.. Ill have to spend some time with this one with a IWB holster also.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
Congregations and Welcome.
The LCP is a great small carry gun, it's my #1 carry.
I have an original LCP and have not had any problems.
Just take care of her....
Shoot straight and safe.

Lateck,

Latest posts