New KNR-9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I have not heard anything more about the new KNR9. Finally found an original one with box on Guns America last night. I jumped on it right away. Should have it in my hands next week!

flatgate

Hawkeye
132835046.jpg

Ruger model KS-9. No stinking .22 mag cylinder to feed with outrageously priced ammo.....

:D

Of course I monkeyed with the front sight. Yup, the lockwork is retimed so it does NOT ring the cylnder, either......

flatgate

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
The one I am getting only has the 22lr cylinder. It was already packaged for shipping so they were not able to tell me whether it has the "Star" on the frame. Hope it is a "Star" model.

biglmbass

Bearcat
I would absolutley plunk down money for one. It'd be really neat w' an unfluted cylinder in 22 LR..

No need for the .22 mag cylinder on mine, by the way.

chet15

Hawkeye
biglmbass said:
Still no news? I noticed there's a blued fixed sight version available with the 9 1/2" barrel, but I want stainless.

Ruger's blue 9-1/2" Single Six has an adjustable rear sight.
Chet15

mohavesam

Hawkeye
BlkHawk73 said:
Right. It's simply the consumer thinking he's getting more for his money. seeing that extra cylinder is bonus of sorts to many I believe. I know I cannot recall the last time I fired .22mag in anything.

Two calibers (or more) on one frame. I objectively call that "more for the money". No other way to see it logically.
In fact, with Ruger's convertibles, I cannot think of a good reason to buy a single-caliber Ruger SA!

These are not award-winning competition guns, they are plinkers. At best, the novelty 9.5" barrels are suitable for hunting, with plenty of practice. For hunting small game IRL, the 22WMRF is the hands-down choice. If one thinks the 22WMRF is "too expensive" to shoot, well, I don't know what to say - :? :?

I'm still waiting for Ruger to get the grip-to-grip frame fit correct on their SA guns. Sometime ago they apparently stopped caring about that. Tough cllenge when they have under ten minutes per gun for assembly and test.

A stainless Single-Six D&T'd for a scope mount might be interesting? Please don't let it be a plastic grip frame! :shock: :shock: :shock:

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Wow I am the complete opposite. I have so many .22lr smith 17. Kimber rimfire target, browning BM. Ruger mkII and MK III old model high standards and an old colt trooper mkIII and a colt diamond back that I actually only use my NM single six bought in 1979 with WMR and have never actually used my .22lr cylinder.

eveled

Hawkeye
I agree with the talk about the magnum cylinders seeing very little use.

But it is still an added bonus, that makes more and more sense as the barrel gets longer. IMHO.

If making a special run, why stop at 9.5? I say go for 12 inches of barrel.

57springer said:
I see this is an old thread come to life , is there rumors of this gun in the near future , ?

Not quite seven and one-half years since this thread started... and you want to call it "old?" :p

As of right now, I'm guessing that this talk is all wishful thinking. You can include me in that group!

jptopdwn has a tasty (original) example for sale right now in the Classifieds... (NDIH)
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=259309&view=unread#unread

My toy fund is empty right now... or that revolver would already be headed my way! :mrgreen:

41 Magnum

Single-Sixer
At 70+ years old I've been thru a bunch of .22's, both long & short, from single shot, to all other types of actions. Still after all these years, .22's are my favorite go to recreational shooters. I have several "keepers", including Rugers, S&W's, Colt's, H&R's, Remington's Henry's, & a few others, mostly in .22LR. However, I most often grab the Stainless Single Six 5½" with the .22 Mag cylinder installed to go out the door for a woods walk. I don't cry about the ammo cost, even though I don't really like it. I really like the .22 Mag. & find it very accurate, with enough power to satisfy my hunting needs & shooting enjoyment. I figure you only live once, so use what you enjoy ! After all, I have friends & family with AR's who will go out & shoot several hundred rounds at a time, and I don't hear them complain about how expensive it is. I would definitely want the Mag. cylinder, especially with the 9+ inch Bbl. I'll take one, "in Stainless" !!!

57springer

Buckeye
Uncle Howie said:
57springer said:
I see this is an old thread come to life , is there rumors of this gun in the near future , ?

Not quite seven and one-half years since this thread started... and you want to call it "old?" :p

As of right now, I'm guessing that this talk is all wishful thinking. You can include me in that group!

jptopdwn has a tasty (original) example for sale right now in the Classifieds... (NDIH)
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=259309&view=unread#unread

My toy fund is empty right now... or that revolver would already be headed my way! :mrgreen:
Ok thanks for the info, I never knew that they were mad early on .

Latest posts