New Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
For those of y'all who don't do Facebook, here is my latest holster from Doc Barranti. Its his "Hipshot" model, newly incorporated into his fine line of holsters. The photo is by Doc, and that is not my gun shwon:

I have worn it around to sort of get it broken in, though really it needs very little in the way of breaking in.

The name Hipshot, by the way, comes from the illustration shown on the masthead of Skeeter Skelton's article in Shooting Times, his column was titled "Hipshots." I believe the design is inspired by Skeeter himself.

Bob Wright

Cholo

Staff member
That holster is simply amazing! I'm generally not a fan of basket weave stamping on holsters, but this one changed my opinion. If the pic color is true, I might be ordering one just like it!

Very nice work of art!

Hvymax

Blackhawk
What most people don't realize is that for every holster on the market there were multiple prototypes and refinements before a design is finalized. Then comes the dies and everything else to produce them. It's not cheap or easy.

Doc44ga

Bearcat
Very nice. Crisp detail on the pattern.
Post a picture of the back please to show the belt loop. Is the loop built into the holster or sewed on as an addition?

Doc

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Very nice. Crisp detail on the pattern.
Post a picture of the back please to show the belt loop. Is the loop built into the holster or sewed on as an addition?

Doc

The belt loop is an extension of the inside part of the holster. It is folded back and stitched, then the holster is folded over to make the "pouch" and that stitched. Failure to follow that procedure results in a useless glob of leather!

Bob Wright

oliver507

Bearcat
H
For those of y'all who don't do Facebook, here is my latest holster from Doc Barranti. Its his "Hipshot" model, newly incorporated into his fine line of holsters. The photo is by Doc, and that is not my gun shwon:

I have worn it around to sort of get it broken in, though really it needs very little in the way of breaking in.

The name Hipshot, by the way, comes from the illustration shown on the masthead of Skeeter Skelton's article in Shooting Times, his column was titled "Hipshots." I believe the design is inspired by Skeeter himself.

Bob Wright
Hey Bob is this holster a cross draw?
TomC

Doc44ga

Bearcat
Thanks for the info Bob. Hope you get years of enjoyment from it.

Doc
The belt loop is an extension of the inside part of the holster. It is folded back and stitched, then the holster is folded over to make the "pouch" and that stitched. Failure to follow that procedure results in a useless glob of leather!

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As to using a Single Action in the cross draw position, I find that carried in that way, my thumb does not fall naturally on the hammer spur when I grasp the gun butt. For that reason I prefer a 3:00 o'clock or 3:30 position. For me its a split second faster getting off the first shot. Like so:

Bob Wright