NEW HOLSTER/PvtSchultz Lipsey 44 Special/Trigger job!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Brother_Love

Single-Sixer
***had to add 1 more photo. I just received my Tom Threepersons holster from El Paso Sadderly. It looks great and the workmanship is superb!

Just got my new American Holly grips from Carl Schultz. They are absolutely beautiful and workmanship is superb. I ask Carl to make them as yellow as possible, sort of an aged ivory color. I think he pulled it off very well. I just may have to order a set for my 357 now.
Thanks Carl, they look great!

An added update!! I was headed out to burn about 150 rounds through this revolver today when the bottom fell out, a chunk floater. So, I dis-assembled the 44, cleaned in throughly, polished the bearing surfaces, Oh ever so slightly. I lubed it with some Brownells action lube, bent the trigger return spring and re-assembled. The difference was very noticable, trigger was very much improved. It already had a fairly crisp let-off, but had some gritty feeling creep. That is gone now and I think just the cleaning did that.

I already have a fairly pronounced cylinder ring and I do not care! I am sorta hoping I get a little bluing wear on the edges soon. This is going to be a working gun and I like the look of a working gun. Those "aged" SA's coming out of Italy are some of my favorites. I have entertained the idea, but I won't.

Malcolm

holly_1.jpg

holly_2.jpg

44_w_el_paso.jpg

mt

Single-Sixer
Brother_Love, that is a classy set-up all the way around.

One more for the dictionary...heavy rain = frog strangler.

mt :D

Rainman

Blackhawk
In Georgia it's a "trash toter". So much water that it cleans the trash out of the ditches along the highway.

Nice grips and holster. Very practical and useful design.

Dan

DGNY

Bearcat
Now that is a truly classic rig, rugged enough for contingencies and elegant enough for a BBQ.

The simple lines and high quality of the leather highlight the choice grips, both in service to the Blackhawk-of-the decade

Good job!

Regards,

Dyson