New Hampshire Hard Water Monster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
WAYNO said:
I do not know lake trout. If this was a salmon, all spawned out, it would be quickly thrown back in the water.

Lake Trout live to be very, very old and are not thought of as good table fare. The ones that we have caught on Lake Ontario were returned to the water after netting and taking a few pictures. I believe spawning was long past when this old boy was caught,,but I'm no expert on them.

Terry

32shooter

Blackhawk
Hard water, what's that?? :lol: :lol: Nothing like that in Ohio this winter. Nice fish for sure.

T.A. WORKMAN said:
WAYNO said:
I do not know lake trout. If this was a salmon, all spawned out, it would be quickly thrown back in the water.

Lake Trout live to be very, very old and are not thought of as good table fare. The ones that we have caught on Lake Ontario were returned to the water after netting and taking a few pictures. I believe spawning was long past when this old boy was caught,,but I'm no expert on them.

Terry

In spite of what I don't know about lake trout, that is a very big fish. :mrgreen:

32shooter

Blackhawk
My Brother was living in New Hampshire at one time, working on a salmon hatchery in Bristol. We would go visit in the summer, fished Squam Lake a time or two. We would always fish for smallmouth bass, one of my favorite fish to catch. Also rented a cabin in Maine on the Penobscot River, some good smallie fishing. I have to make another trip back up sometime.