New grips for my security six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jayg0351

Bearcat
I put up my original wood grips and bought a set of hogue mono grips. The fit in my hand is more natural and comfortable. The fit needs a little work on the rear but nothing that bothers me.I also have a set of Pacmayr presentation grips. They are damn ugly on the pistol and rather large.
ALIM0359.jpg

jayg0351":3702zx4d said:
I put up my original wood grips and bought a set of hogue mono grips. The fit in my hand is more natural and comfortable. The fit needs a little work on the rear but nothing that bothers me.I also have a set of Pacmayr presentation grips. They are damn ugly on the pistol and rather large.

Welcome to this forum!

Yes, I've shot Security Sixes with Pachmayr's, and they worked well. I'm sure the Hogue's will work well too, but as you noticed with the "damn ugly" Pachmayr's, the Hogue's are twice as "damn ugly".

Just don't let your friends see you with them. :D

WAYNO.

jayg0351

Bearcat
I agree on the hogue grips being ugly also. I am saving for a set of Hogue wood grips. I like the look of wood on revolvers.

jayg0351":5by5sju7 said:
I agree on the hogue grips being ugly also. I am saving for a set of Hogue wood grips. I like the look of wood on revolvers.

Actually, in spite of what anyone else thinks, (even a snob like me), you do need to use whatever works best for you.

WAYNO.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
WAYNO":3nqguuq7 said:
jayg0351":3nqguuq7 said:

Actually, in spite of what anyone else thinks, (even a snob like me), you do need to use whatever works best for you.

WAYNO.
Yep. I've spent a lot of money on wood grips over the years. Everything had to be "blued steel and walnut", or close.

This past year I got a set of really bad fitting Hogue woods for a Sig P228. It made me look at the use of wood on this gun, and realize that some of my more comfortable shooters had factory rubber (not plastic) grips that just worked better. Now most of my Sigs are wearing Hogue rubbers (oooh, er) despite the look.

Pachmayrs do look better, and I've got them on a couple of guns too, but are considerably more expensive.

Still, I think my new .44 Special is going to require wood. ;)

-- Sam