New grip for the 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Got the rubberized grips and extended mag release all installed in about half an hour. Good stuff, feels great and Dominic is super service man. I like my 22/45 now.

rusty77

Bearcat
I put a Ruger 22/45 Mark III on layaway today. Larger grips are 1 thing that I would like to find.

Where and how much.

$220.00 + tax.

Serial # indicates that the 22/45 is a 2008 model. Bull barrel - target model.

Model P512MKIII

I am sure that I will add the Volquartsen trigger kit when I pick it up.

thanks

Geezer

Single-Sixer
I have read many god things about Dominic's grips and bumper pads. I am not a big 22/45 fan but if I were, I would have to try them.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I believe all the hype on grip mods for the 2245 are overblown (here and on RFC). As for me, If I wanted a thicker grip, I would have bought a pistol with a thicker grip. Some of the grip mods do look good (That pachmayr with the finger grips on another thread hereabouts looks good) but I wouldn't have the xacto-trimmed surplus foam type stick on grip.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
tomiswho":31uxn9zb said:
I believe all the hype on grip mods for the 2245 are overblown (here and on RFC). As for me, If I wanted a thicker grip, I would have bought a pistol with a thicker grip. Some of the grip mods do look good (That pachmayr with the finger grips on another thread hereabouts looks good) but I wouldn't have the xacto-trimmed surplus foam type stick on grip.

That's nice but grip choice is different for each person. What you (or anyone) thinks of my grip choice is meaningless to me. I don't see any hyperbole in someone displaying a mod that others might want. The add-on grips simply offer a way to make a 22/45 feel more like a 45/45 and 22/45s aren't offered in a thicker grip.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
wetidlerjr":px0sydzj said:
tomiswho":px0sydzj said:

That's nice but grip choice is different for each person. What you (or anyone) thinks of my grip choice is meaningless to me. I don't see any hyperbole in someone displaying a mod that others might want. The add-on grips simply offer a way to make a 22/45 feel more like a 45/45 and 22/45s aren't offered in a thicker grip.

Very true.

I guess I just don't want someone considering purchasing a new 2245 to think that it's a piece of junk unless they spend a jillion dollars buying a paclite barrel, add on grips, and all new internals from Volkswagon or whomever. I think it is a fine firearm as is. But then I didn't buy a Japanese sedan and try to turn it into a sports car that sounds like a weedeater either. But that's just me.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
I'll post some pics later today but the grips make the .22 feel like my .45. I've got the short bull barrel and it now feels rock solid shooting and my groups are some tighter, but it was colder than heck at the range the other day. I didn't post to convince anyone just to show those interested, don't like em skip the post and move on.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Hope this pic comes out, I used RTV black to cover machine screws. This shows the extended mag release too. All fit easily and well worth the money at least to me. Good job, Dominic

IMG_0833.jpg