New four cavity brass mould - 45-270-SAA bullet

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dale53

Blackhawk
I am honchoing a new Group Buy MiHec four cavity brass bullet mould for a clone of the RCBS 45-270-SAA solid point bullet for those of you (like me) that want greater production than we can get from a two cavity mould.

This mould will be cut with the exact same tooling as used on the MiHec two cavity BRASS Cramer Style Hollow Point mould. I have and LOVE the hollow point mould but will be using the new four cavity mould for general use and good production. It will make an ideal companion mould to the hollow point mould.

If you are interested:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=89429

Dale53

Dale53

Blackhawk
M'Bogo;
If you have one of the two cavity Cramer Style Hollow point moulds, then you KNOW how fine these MiHec moulds are.

I shoot quite a bit and needed faster production in a solid point mould for general use and practice, hence the new MiHec four cavity brass mould.

I figured others would also want the same. Apparently, I was right as we now have 25 orders and rising...

If you need one we will welcome you on board.

Dale53

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Just a postscript on dealing with Miah. I ordered a 2 cavity HP mold on 08/12/10 in the afternoon. Today, 08/13/10, I hadn't recieved an order conformation so I e-mailed Miha asking if he had recieved my order ( I've had similar problems when using paypal in the past). Not only did I get a rapid reply, but Miha had alreay mailed the mold.

That's GREAT customer service!! :D

Dale53

Blackhawk
Miha is not only a GREAT mould maker/machinist but a really good person to do business with.

I have a number of his moulds and every one of them is a winner!

Dale53

M'BOGO

Buckeye
The 270SAA HP mould That I ordered from him, only took about nine or ten day to get to me IIRC. Thanks for the heads up on the overrun moulds Dale.

Dale53

Blackhawk
M'Bogo;
Glad to help a fellow shooter out.

It has been so dern hot around here that I have not shot nor cast any bullets. 99 degrees is more than I can handle, so I have been keeping a low profile, doing a bit of reloading and shaping up my shop for a big run on bullet casting as soon as the weather moderates a bit.

Dale53

M'BOGO

Buckeye
I feel ya Dale. We had about five days in the low 80's a couple of weeks ago, and I got in a few hours of casting in. I think I'll end up with one of the four banger .45's after all. I'll get over there today and sign up.