New duds fer my .357's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sebtool

Blackhawk
My Christmas present to myself this year was a couple of new holsters for my SP101 and GP100. It was time to treat them right, as they're good guns. I wanted a OWB type for the SP101, and a good woods bumming type for the GP. It's just a bit big for ccw for me.

Looked around quite a bit, and when I saw LTB45's new GP holster from Trailmaster, I knew which way the GP was going to be carried from now on! Emailed and talked to Earl Southard a couple of times and told him what I wanted. He doesn't have a web site, but can send some pics, and sells on ebay and gunbroker. He's a member on here too, you could probably send a PM. He pretty much sticks to Redhawks, GP100s, and Alaskans, as that's what he has to fit. Says the next will be Blackhawks, 1911s, and the Ruger Mark II .22s. Got an ammo carrier, as well, should be in good shape for awhile!
Good shtuff, these will be passed down to my son when the time warrants.
[/url]:[/url]

With the SP101 I went with a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake holster, another ammo carrier for ccw and some speed strips. This holster is probably the most comfortable I've tried. Holds the gun securely, and doesn't get in the way. Sitting, walking, etc, it does it's job well. not real hot on the ammo carrier, but that's just me. Got the inside out straps for so it could be used IWB or OWB, but don't really need them, OWB works too well! Again, this 1 will outlast me, I'm sure!
[URL=http://s359.photobucket.com/al...bums/oo38/sebtool/th_1-17-10357s010.jpg[/img]

And the happy couple :)
[/url]

Lighting leaves something to be desired, but there they are :D

maxpress

Buckeye
very nice. im thinking of getting the simply rugged even though my sp101 has never been in a holster (it goes in a pocket or waistline). i think im convinced that i need one now.

bigflash1

Bearcat
I have the simply rugged holster for my GP100. It's comfortable to wear, but find it closes up some when I draw the pistol, making it somewhat difficult to re-holster... Just a though if you plan to do any IDPA or other comp with it.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Jon
Welcome to the forum - lots of good stuff here!

My grips are factory. If your's came with the black plastic you can buy inserts several places.
The 1st place to look would be at the thread on this forum under 'Recurring deals & Auction Listings'. There's a sticky there from 41Magnum who makes and sells the inserts, and according to feedback from other members here, does real nice work.
The next would be Ruger themselves. I believe it's shopruger.com.

I'd check out 41magnum's stuff, as he has several different materials and looks.

If you still can't find what you want, run a websearch for SP101, or GP100 and Super Redhawk grip insert panels and see what you can find.
Good luck.

357phase

Single-Sixer
Member Sack Petterson has some nice looking stag/elk horn inserts.Very happy with mine.Still thinking on some wood from 41magnum.

mike-h

Bearcat
Rumrunner":314nhx4b said:
Looks like your all set. I just ordered the Simply Rugged Silver Dollar for my Ruger LCR and S&W 642, also with the inside outs, speed strips, and carrier.

Thanks for post, Rum.
Once your Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake holster for the LCR arrives I would appreciate hearing how you find the fit. I have one for the SP101 and its more than great, incl the inside-out straps. Additionally, if you find that the one for the LCR is in fact exactly the same as the one for the SP101 I would also like to learn that - - although I imagine Simply Rugged will make the one for the LCR smaller.
Thanks much.

Latest posts