New Charger to the range today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hutchman

Blackhawk
Today was the first chance I have had to take my new Charger to the range. I will say this ......... the Charger is a Hoot to Shoot! I like it!

I know they aren't for everyone, but I wanted one from the first time I saw them. I have no use for it other than to amuse myself with, but it does a splendid job at that. I had a blast.

I ended up shooting about 250 rounds of cheap Wally World Federal Bulk and it really did not like it. I had several FTF and FTE. It also was a little inconsistent in aim with this crap. It seemed to have a mind of its own.

However, I tried some Winchester Wildcats, and HOLY MACKERAL, it liked that stuff. Shot right at point of aim and very consistent. With the Red Dot Sight, this thing is easy to shoot good.

I can imagine it would be a great plinker for killing rodents too!

It passed my "minute of pie plate" requirements for a great plinker!

DMN

Bearcat
hutchman":119skivn said:
Today was the first chance I have had to take my new Charger to the range. I will say this ......... the Charger is a Hoot to Shoot! I like it!

I know they aren't for everyone, but I wanted one from the first time I saw them. I have no use for it other than to amuse myself with, but it does a splendid job at that. I had a blast.

I ended up shooting about 250 rounds of cheap Wally World Federal Bulk and it really did not like it. I had several FTF and FTE. It also was a little inconsistent in aim with this crap. It seemed to have a mind of its own.

However, I tried some Winchester Wildcats, and HOLY MACKERAL, it liked that stuff. Shot right at point of aim and very consistent. With the Red Dot Sight, this thing is easy to shoot good.

I can imagine it would be a great plinker for killing rodents too!

It passed my "minute of pie plate" requirements for a great plinker!

Ok. That's it. I've been thinking about getting a Charger for some time now. Time to write my email to Santa. 8)

I picked one up as my Christmas bonus last year and don't regret it, even though I hardly ever shoot it. It was nice to let my 8 year old niece and 65 year old sister in law (from D.C.) shoot off the bench at the pistol range a few months back.. They both loved it.

If I was limited in the number of guns I could buy or own, the charger would not be my first or even second choice... but it is a good compliment between the 10/22 and a Mk 2 or 3 pistol.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
hutchman
i love mine! and your right it's a HOOT to fire i loose the bipod and it hunts treerats like it was made for it. hint put cheek on stock and use like long gun
woo woo
charger006.jpg

americal

Hunter
True they are not for everyone :) but I really like mine :!: put KIDD match barrel on it :) 2LB trigger pull & a rifle scope 8) A fun target pistol for sure. I wonder how many have been sold since they came out--the stock barrel was so accurate almost didn't change barrel :!: :!: but KIDD is really +++++acurate 8)

I changed the hammer & spring on mine and had to switch back because it messed up the safety... if you pulled the trigger with the safety on, as it should nothing happened but if you flipped the safety off then the hammer would fall on its own and the gun would fire.

americal: what did you do to get the 2lb trigger pull?

kd4rgwml: how do you get that double mag pack?

Mine really likes CCI Stingers. Federal bulk shoots to same poi, so I plink away with those and use the Stingers for squirrels. I have just replaced my 4x with a 2x6 simmons my brother gave me. It shoots under an inch at 50 yards with the CCI and about 1.25" with the Feds.
I put a Volquartsen hammer and spring on mine and it works great.

americal

Hunter
357---- I let A gunsmith work on it :oops: I am helpless when it comes to working on guns :) he charged me 40 dollars 8) my brother in law checked it with some kind of guage, you can buy whole trigger sets aftermarket--go to RIMFIRECENTRAL.COM all kinds of things you can get to make your Charger better or 10-22's all kinds of gun dealers listed for RIMFIRE guns.Most any gunsmith can do it for you--HAVE FUN :!:

Latest posts