New Buckle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Or should I say,new short barrel.I've seen pictures of these here before.I believe from Flatgate and always wanted one.I ran into this one at a tiny gun show today and it had to come home.Brand new condition with padded case.

FAMini009.jpg

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
I thought they would be pretty tough to find.They quit making them in 1989 and I just don't remember seeing one.It has a stud on the other side that goes through a hole in the buckle and is pinched by the 2,straight spring wires.The silver button on the front of the buckle is the release button.The setup works really well.
FAMini011.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
Those things are really cool, but surely no one would ever really wear one.

I mean I would have to keep looking down at it every five minutes to make sure the gun was still there. Still a very cool thing to have.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Aww, gee, Cary, of course I wear mine to special occasions!!!

164479801.jpg

Mine's the rather scarce Blackpowder/Percussion design, a "non-gun" :D

Here's one more that I did an "assist" in finding the buckle for a super Super collector I know.... :D

173762973.jpg

Nice grips, Short Barrel!!!

FWIW, F-A does have some grips and some parts in stock for the mini revolvers.

flatgate

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I wore the one I had plenty back in the day. Unfortunately sold that one. BUt I recently replaced it with the Similiar North American Arms version.

caryc

Hawkeye
flatgate":2l0ncn8y said:
Aww, gee, Cary, of course I wear mine to special occasions!!!

164479801.jpg

Mine's the rather scarce Blackpowder/Percussion design, a "non-gun" :D

flatgate

If you shoot someone with it, do they bleed "non-blood"? :wink:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Were those freedom arms any better quality than the NAA models or are they the same?

I always thought it would be fun to have one for sh*ts and giggles.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I've only "looked" at the NAA's but can attest to the usual Freedom Arms quality on their Mini-Revolvers...

It took me years to finally get one of the F-A Percussion "Boot Guns"....

BootGun1.jpg

flatgate

Here's one more that I did an "assist" in finding the buckle for a super Super collector I know.... :D

173762973.jpg

Nice grips, Short Barrel!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, flatgate was not this one a proto-type & out of his personal stash?

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
FWIW, F-A does have some grips and some parts in stock for the mini revolvers.

flatgate

Thanks Flatgate.I didn't know that.

I haven't handled the NA Arms guns but this one is precision made and even has a slick trigger pull.The FA guns have a frame mounted firing pin and a rear sight notch.The NAA guns have a hammer mounted firing pin which would block the view of a rear sight so most models don't have one.

I have read different accounts of the barrel length of these,everything from 1" to 1 3/4".This one measures 1 3/16".The weight empty is 4.4 oz and loaded is 5 oz.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Yes it is .22 LR.A few were also made in .22 Mag as well as black powder.The .22 LR's are 5 shot,the .22 Mags are 4 shot.

Kanook

Buckeye
Just wondering how and I hate to say "rare" so I will say "uncommon" is the white gripped version. I don't do the picture thing (yes I do not really understand it so it is to complicated for me)