New Blackhawk 45 Colt Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

feathers73

Bearcat
No pics yet but today I picked up a new short 4 3/4 Blackhawk stainless in 45 Colt. I was motivated by the fact they are no longer offered in the catalog and my dealer said he may see no more new ones.

feathers73

Bearcat
Well, I tried a pic. Not so great but it's a start. I think the grips aren't bad for box stock.

DSCN9272-1.jpg

Chance

Buckeye
Nice looking gun. I have the same grips on my 2 yr old blue .45, but had to buy them from Ruger to replace the black plastic. They sure feel good.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have a new Ruger SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible. After reaming both cylinders and having a trigger job done, I am REALLY pleased with it. Make no mistake it is a FINE revolver.

I'm currently out of state and missing the opportunity to shoot it. I'll certainly give it a work out when I return.

Dale53

bigchillymn

Bearcat
I picked up the exact same gun, the day after thanksgiving. The grips and the general quality of the gun seem a cut above my other blackhawks. Feathers are you by any chance from MN?

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I want a Ruger SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible so bad, but I just bought another Blackhawk SS 357 that came in my local pusher's store and could not pass up getting another. Now I have a matching pair! :D

bear62041

Bearcat
Has anybody noticed if the wood grips and grip frame are a little larger than the N.M Blackhawk blued with rubber stocks ?? I'm waiting on mine to get here Thursday, 4 3/4" barrel.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
bear62041":1cd87qf8 said:
Has anybody noticed if the wood grips and grip frame are a little larger than the N.M Blackhawk blued with rubber stocks ?? I'm waiting on mine to get here Thursday, 4 3/4" barrel.

They shouldn't be any different. I have come across a few grip frames that were slightly different in the backstrap near the ears, but the for the rest of them, they are all very close to being the same. There are a few random new XR3-REDs (the ones with locks) that have crooked grip locator pin holes though...

willk

Blackhawk
Had my Stainless Ruger .45 with the 4 3/4" barrel for a couple of years now. It is my goto gun whenever I need to carry something.

bear62041

Bearcat
Anybody got a load for the 45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk using Nosler 250 grain JHP, .451, IMR 800X, Remington 2 1/2 large pistol primers ?? I'm looking for about 1000-1100 fps. I lost all of my reloading books in a recent move. Thanks.