New Bisley Old Caliber

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I found this in the classifieds a few weeks back, and although it is not one of my favorite calibers! It is one of my favorite models and barrel length! Plus it had some really unique custom shoes with it! As well as the factory grip's.
Custom-_Blackhawk-_Bisley_357.jpg

Custom-_Blackhawk-357-_Bisley.jpg

The grips are SK Custom Grips, made from Wormy Pecan out of a 100 year old barn beam. The factiry scroll engraving has been polished of and the cylinder throats polished to .3588" and has a 3# no creep trigger. Like the other 5.5" barreled Stainless Bisley's it has the pinned front sight. Box and all paper work included. Like I say not my particular favorite caliber, but it is a caliber every serious hand gunner should own one of, I can't think of a better factory model to own one in. I just hope it will shoot as good as it looks without any barrel work, I will be finding soon, with this spring weather kicking into high gear! This will be a very welcome addition to my Bisley collection.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
As a previous caretaker of that particular revolver, I can tell you that it shoots extreemly well.

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Custom-_Blackhawk-_Bisley_357.jpg

----wildcatter

Wildcatter.... handsome revolver, with Barranti compliment. If not the first "convertible," conceptually it is exactly that, gulping .38 Specials along with .357's. Had I one of your find, I would try it with our cast & powder coat Bradshaw-Martin Maximum 194 SWC GC, deep seated in the magnum case.

Curious as to why you opened exit holes to .3588"----very close to many factory throats.
Good shooting,
David Bradshaw

It had some throats to .3583" and some not round, don't know if someone did a doll sandpaper throating job in the past or what? It seems it has been around now, but now they are all the same and honed smooth and round. I think the 194 bullet you and Lee are working with would have been great in this revolver, and would be a great bullet David, but the 640-180 is the heaviest mold I have, and really don't desire investing more in this caliber. Like I said it is a classic but for me just never one of my favorite, this just makes one I will enjoy from time to time.

dixie cat

Bearcat
nice gun and great caliber! I to like the larger calibers in the single action but, the 357 all around is hard to beat.