New Bearcat SS Ejector Housing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hobbs

Bearcat
Is the ejector housing on the new stainless bearcats aluminum or stainless? If it is aluminum can it be polished to match the stainless or can I buy a stainless housing somewhere?

hobbs

Bearcat
Well, I called Ruger and answered my own question. The housing is aluminum. Question now is, can it be pollished to get rid of the grey look or can I buy a stainless housing somewhere? Ruger could not answer those questions.

hobbs

Bearcat
Can this aluminum housing be polished or a stainless steel housing be bought? Surely someone knows.

Hokie73

Bearcat
Polish it and then spray it with clear polyurethane or laquer to keep it from oxydizing and it will be very hard to tell it is not stainless.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger dropped the ball on this one.

Every other Stainless Steel Ruger Single Action has a stainless steel ejector housing!

flatgate

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
they sure did. Its a classy little gun but that ejector housing sure looks cheesy!
flatgate":b2211llz said:

Every other Stainless Steel Ruger Single Action has a stainless steel ejector housing!

flatgate

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Lloyd Smale":2slcdz56 said:
they sure did. Its a classy little gun but that ejector housing sure looks cheesy!
flatgate":2slcdz56 said:

flatgate

:roll: If this is the worse thing Ruger has done or will do then we are lucky.

Latest posts