New additions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

paleocaver

Bearcat
Here's a couple of new additions to our shooting fun. A Bearcat for my son, Sam, with a holster and slide from Bill at Alaska Leather Works, and Single Six for me.

101_0163.jpg

101_0157.jpg

101_0161.jpg

His Bearcat shoots to point of aim and is pretty darned accurate. And it's just his size. I just picked up the Single Six today, but plan on working it out tomorrow. The pic above is with some faux ivory grips I had laying around, what the hey, they match my handmade skinner.

americal

Hunter
Perfect model for him 8) I only had a BB gun at his age :( he will get really good if he keeps on shooting on regular basis--- like every thing else in photos :)

paleocaver

Bearcat
Put 100 rounds of 22 mag (50 CCI solids, 50 CCI hollow points) through the single six today. After some fiddling with the sights, it shoots just fine, IF I concentrate on the slightly heavy trigger. My New Blackhawk has a sweet trigger, the Bearcat does too, this Single Six is a bit heavy. I didn't polish the internals prior to firing it, just cleaned it out (wasn't really dirty). Think this would help?

As I've posted elsewhere, this Single Six is replacing my S&W Mod 18, as a river and woods bust a squirrel and rabbit gun. The S&W had a 2lb trigger from the factory. I know not to expect a such a low pull from a factory single action (am I?).

chet15

Hawkeye
paleocaver":3ijn8qgp said:
Here's a couple of new additions to our shooting fun. A Bearcat for my son, Sam, with a holster and slide from Bill at Alaska Leather Works, and Single Six for me.

101_0163.jpg

Looks like this Bearcat has the new 4.2" barrel on it (about 3/16" longer than the ejector housing). Can you tell me if the sn on your gun is earlier than 93-44317? That's the earliest I've noted with the longer barrel.
93-42893 is the highest I've had reported with the short barrel.
For stainless I have 93-44681 noted as having the 4.2" bbl. and 93-44831
with the short barrel, so there's a little changeover period evident there.
Chet15

paleocaver

Bearcat
chet15":11tsxlyk said:
Looks like this Bearcat has the new 4.2" barrel on it (about 3/16" longer than the ejector housing). Can you tell me if the sn on your gun is earlier than 93-44317? That's the earliest I've noted with the longer barrel.
93-42893 is the highest I've had reported with the short barrel.
For stainless I have 93-44681 noted as having the 4.2" bbl. and 93-44831
with the short barrel, so there's a little changeover period evident there.
Chet15

Chet,

No, Sam's Bearcat has a higher serial number than 93-44317. Interesting about the barrel length, I had not noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Scott