New 44 mag owner here

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hokie Hunter

Bearcat
Good evening

I am an avid VA whitetail hunter who wants a new challenge. I have been blackpowder, rifle and bow hunting for decades and decided I wanted to try something new. I just purchased a pristine 44 super redhawk with a 2x weaver scope. It is in excellent condition and shoots great. I am curious as to when it was manufactured. Can anyone point me in the right direction to check out the serial number for date of manufacture?

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Good evening as well
Ruger web site can guide you.
We just need your serial number,,Or most of it :D
Also,,,,Happy hunting

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Howdy Hokie Hunter,

Welcome to the forum

here's a link to Ruger's website that can give you a ballpark idea as to when your revolver was manufactured.

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

click on the "Revolver Instrusction manuals and history" link, then scroll down to the "super redhawk" row and click on it.

i would have given you the direct link, but for some reason the link wouldn't display.

you can also call Ruger and they will give you the info over the phone. Folks suggest that the phonecall gives more accurate data.

hope this helps and congrats on your new revolver.

~c.r.

edit.........wow, i type slow, two posts providing the info since i started typing

Hokie Hunter

Bearcat
Question....what does the "bearcat" below my user name mean? Does it reflect the number of my posts or the amount of time I have been a member?? Just curious.

Hokie Hunter

Bearcat
So I'm a newbie. I can live with that. I will frequent this site. In a very short period of time I have recieved answers to several questions. I am impressed with the members. Thanks to all.

Hokie Hunter

Bearcat
Gotta hit the sack. Getting up early to plant apple and peach trees (deer food) at the farm and just maybe squeeze off a few rounds from my new toy. Dad's gonna love this thing. I'll give an update tomorrow night.

Dale53

Blackhawk
HokieHUnter;
I have used the Bianchi Hush System (cross chest) holster for many, many years. It is one of or the best holster solution for a scoped revolver I have found. It supports a heavy handgun well in rough country, comes readily to hand, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I suggest you practice with your new scoped handgun (from holster to presentation) on a regular basis. I recommend this daily until it becomes second nature to "find the hole" when presenting. I will pay for itself many times over when it comes to using this in poor light in the field.

Both of my deer hunting revolvers are scoped (8 3/8" S&W Model 29 with a 2 power Burris scope with large dot and a Ruger Red Hawk 7½" barrel with a 2 power Leupold with duplex reticule). After a little practice the scope will be perfectly aligned with the target without having to hunt to "find the hole".

This is a great hunting set up. I have taken several deer with mine.

DalesPistolsRevolvers5Selects-2-3.jpg

Dale53

Dale53

Hokie Hunter

Bearcat
Squeezed off a few with my new Super Redhawk today. Man do I love this revolver. Smooth pull and not nearly as punishing to the wrist as I thought it might be after numerous shots. I can't wait to get into the woods next fall with this. My biggest internal conflict is going to be what to hunt with during regular firearms season. I have been very successuful with my bow and blackpowder the last several years. As a result I have been very picky come rifle season and have not harvested any whitetails with my 30-06 in 4 years. I think it's getting a little lonely. Now I have to choose between it and this new 44 mag. This is a delima I can live with. Question....how do I insert a picture??[/img][/code]

Doc Thornton

Bearcat
Bianchi HuSH holster for the Super Redhawk is on sale on the
Opticsplanet website for $64.69 - FREE SHIPPING.

That's $20 cheaper than Midway even if you don't factor in the
free shipping!

I'm gonna get me one at that price !

Doc T.