new #1 plastic trigger?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
Just received my #1 300 H&H.Really like the gun,has nice walnut but I noticed the trigger looked different from my other #1's.It's porous and black in color.I put a magnet against it and it won't stick.I'm a liitle disappointed,still like the rifle.I'm just surprised they would do that to a $900 gun.Is it just my #1 or do other other have the same trigger?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Both my new .300 H&H's have the same. Not a biggie for me. After all, it's a trigger. Be it steel, polymer or aluminum, how much is it stressed or seen? Not being the same doesn't equate to it being worse. As fir it being used on a $900 gun...how about all those more than $900 having synthetic stocks, frames, etc? ;)

picketpin

Buckeye
I hadn't really thought about it all that much. Not sure just how many #1s you have checked, but I checked a few with a magnet and as far as I can tell ALL factory #1 triggers are non ferrus going all the way back to non prefix models made in 1968.

The only ones I have that have steel triggers, have after market triggers, Canjar and Kepplinger.

Now I don't know why that is and I didn't test them all but my earliest, dog leg bolt 77s , seem to have a steel trigger. At least it attracts the same magnet that none of my factory #1s do,

I guess we could get a big push going to add a steel trigger. Of course it also well might add add to the MSRP somewhere between $125 and $225 if we use the now defunct Canjar or the very classy Kipplinger as a model for what it might add???

RWT

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
picketpin":23eyf8n0 said:
I hadn't really thought about it all that much. Not sure just how many #1s you have checked, but I checked a few with a magnet and as far as I can tell ALL factory #1 triggers are non ferrus going all the way back to non prefix models made in 1968.

The only ones I have that have steel triggers, have after market triggers, Canjar and Kepplinger.

Now I don't know why that is and I didn't test them all but my earliest, dog leg bolt 77s , seem to have a steel trigger. At least it attracts the same magnet that none of my factory #1s do,

I guess we could get a big push going to add a steel trigger. Of course it also well might add add to the MSRP somewhere between $125 and $225 if we use the now defunct Canjar or the very classy Kipplinger as a model for what it might add???

RWT

learn something everyday.Now to find 300 H&H ammo.I'm going to put a straight 6X scope on it.Should be about right.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
patrickjames":3pzg31e2 said:
picketpin":3pzg31e2 said:

RWT

learn something everyday.Now to find 300 H&H ammo.I'm going to put a straight 6X scope on it.Should be about right.

If not already doing it would you consider taking up reloading? The 300 is a ball to reload, nice long neck and being a single shot you don't have to worry about OAL. IIRC the 300 is loaded down a bit in factory offerings.

four70nitro

Single-Sixer
No. 1 triggers have always been made of aluminum from the factory.......

Some of the aftermarket replacements are steel, but the factory triggers have always been aluminum.

Dave

four70nitro

Single-Sixer
since the sear is not actually part of the trigger itself it doesn't really matter what it is made of. If the sear was part of the trigger then the aluminum would never fly......

Dave