Needing some insight and advice

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OnTarget

Bearcat
I currently have a P95 that I love. Over 800 rounds through it and zero problems! I am waiting on my CCW to come through and I am concerned about carrying in the summer with the P95. I do not have money to go and buy another pistol for the summer, so I am considering trading my P95 for a taurus slim 9mm. Any thoughts or other way to conceal the P95 better. Thanks for your help!

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
The P95 is a pretty big pistol to try and conceal all day, everyday in the humid Missouri Summer. However, I would not get rid of it. You have plenty of time to save up for something like a .38 lightweight revolver or an LCP between now and Summer. If you can find a way to save up just twenty bucks per week between now and Summer, you will have enough.

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I carry my P95DC every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It is no problem to carry in shorts and a t-shirt.

I think you could give it a go.

tk

OnTarget

Bearcat
Does that supertuck really keep it tight against you? I have looked into them and they look good. Hell, I need to just go see him he is only 45 min from me! Thanks for your replies guys!

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Yes the supertuck keeps it tight. I carry in the 4:00 position. Have no issues hiding the P95. Stays comfortable even when seated in my truck. You also need a good belt.

tk

Mike J

Hunter
With a good belt & holster a full sized pistol can be concealed. I usually carry a XD-40 OWB. On occasion I carry a P-944 that way. The XD is just a little easier to hide.

NC-P95

Bearcat
hittman":3nrvvykl said:
I too have a P95 and love it but, I have no intention of carrying a weapon that large, bulky and heavy.

Me too! I love my P95, but... I'm a smaller guy, and for me to try to conceal it, would be like a 6' guy trying to conceal Thompson machine gun! :lol:

I bought a Glock 27 for CCW... Still waiting on my permit...still waiting on my Crossbreed SuperTuck... but those are my intentions...

Oh advise: I'd do what Jeff Quinn is suggesting...

tkarter

Single-Sixer
I am 6 foot tall 135 pounds 32 inch waist. I have no problems carrying or concealing any full sized handgun. The P95 is easy to conceal that is why it is my choice.

Of course I have always been determined to get done what I wanted to do with what I have.

tk

bigboredad

Blackhawk
you are already familiar with your p95 and you know it is a great gin and I'm sure you shoot it very well. So my advice save your money and buy a super tuck or a kholster. you will be surprised how easy and comfortable it is to hide a full sized gun. and with the money you save you can afford more ammo and or a advanced concealed carry course . JHMO

alienbogey

Bearcat
I carried my P85 in a Supertuck for some time with no problems. I'm 6' 200. It works.

You say you have 800 rounds through the P95 and evidently money is a factor in your decision to trade.

Consider that if you trade for another pistol you'll need to shoot a number of rounds with the new pistol to determine general reliability, a number of rounds with your defensive round of choice to determine reliability for carry, and approximately 800 rounds total with it to get as good and comfortable with it as you are now with your P95.

16 boxes of ammunition at say $19/box is about $300 in expense to switch pistols and attain approximately equal proficiency.

Just a thought for you to contemplate.

Very good point Alienbogey (now that's hard to type!)

I'd keep the 95 and start looking for a smaller summer carry gun. In the mean time.... keep in mind the belt you put a good holster on is just about as important.

keen one

Bearcat
I have not had good "luck" with anything Taurus.

You're carring as a last means of defense. Do not comprimise this potentially life altering situation with a choice overly weighted in economics.

I am by no means disparaging Taurus. If you do go that route, shoot it (1000 rounds) to be sure nothing comes apart, loosens exessively, or just breaks.