Need value of Ruger Redhawk w/ Companion Bowie knife

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Travelin Man

Bearcat
Chain O' Lakes Region - Northern Illinois
My father just gave me his Ruger Redhawk (1982) with Companion Bowie Knife that is a set with matching serial numbers in a walnut presentation box. I need to get an approximate value of this set for insurance purposes and to find out if it is even worth keeping as a collectors piece that should never be fired (it hasn't been except at the Ruger factory) or if shooting it wouldn't change it's value. I've attached a picture below to show what the set looks like if a more detailed picture is desired just ask and I'll take another (I took this one with my phone).

downsized_1228091017.jpg

Travelin Man

Bearcat
Chain O' Lakes Region - Northern Illinois
The knife is marked on the back with "Bench Mark" and there is no sheath, just the velvet lined presentation case as shown in the picture. The knife is marked "Redhawk Companion" along with the serial number in the upper inlaid gold section and also has the Ruger logo inlaid in gold just before the hand guard. The scene nearest the knife edge depicts a hunter taking a shot at a wild bore with a handgun.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, the Redhawk Companion knife you have appears to be a correct factory authorized knife. However, the info sheet I have on them shows it a bit differently. They were done by the Great American Collector's Society. I can photocopy the 6 pages of the fold out Ihave on them if you want. I can mail you the copy. The flyer I have shows just a knife in it's own wooden presentation case,, and should have a certificate of authenticity.