Need value for stainless blackhawk bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bullet Puller

Bearcat
I have located a Stainless Bisley Blackhawk and need to know what it is worth.
S.N. 48-34XXX
Caliber .45 Colt / .45 ACP
Date of manufacture: 2007 (?)
Unfluted, roll marked cylinder
Dark stocks (rosewood or laminated?)
BBL: 5 1/2"
Fired but extremely clean (minor carbon on cyl. face)
Both cylinders
I beleive this to be an Accu Sport edition.

Any pricing information would be very much appreciated. I would like to go back to the store with a little more knowledge than my first visit.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I was under the impression that the laminated stock guns were not acutaly Accusports but still the same guns. But anyway, I have been watching those guns and was ready to buy one, an early accusport, FTF private sale here in Alaska for 500 but ran across a deal on a sbh hinter bisley. It seems NIB are selling on gunbroker for 475-500 non-convertible and 600 for the convertibles. There was one I missed that was a non-convertible with the rosewood stocks. An early accusport for 450 bucks at Cabellas in Post Falls. It was listed on gunsinternational.com. If it's nice I'd pay up to 5-600 bucks personally.

contender

Ruger Guru
Larry, those convertables are good guns,, and a bit desirable. THere was some "controversy about them,, and the overrun production. Some were truly shipped from Accusport, and the overrun from another distributor. It doesn't mean a hill of beans to a shooter. The guns are the same. The price range should be in the $550-$625 range in general. (But I wouldn't sell mine for that.)

dougader

Hunter
The 5.5" AccuSports were earlier production, and therefore slightly more desireable to some folks.

Williams offered the 5.5" stainless Bisleys, and why people call them "overruns" is beyond me. The only difference is the laminated grips and the barrel set so the "warning label" is facing down, just like the 44 Special Blackhawks. Montados, etc.

I see these models going for $550 - $895 depending on how proud the owner is of their particular model.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I and a couple of friends each bought one of these (Ruger SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible) recently. We needed to ream the cylinders (I handled that little chore) and do a trigger job. They shoot like a house afire:

This was shot at fifty feet indoors off a makeshift rest (it's kind of chilly around here for outdoor shooting):
img072.jpg

Mine is a KEEPER!

They ARE still around NIB but you have to look for them.

FWIW
Dale53

dougader

Hunter
You can find new ones on Gun Broker right now. Lats count I saw no less than 6 guys selling them new in box. Some are convertibles with the extra 45 acp cyliner, others are just 45 Colt.

Bullet Puller

Bearcat
Thanks to all for the good information.
I've had a hankering for a Bisley for a long time and this one sure did look good. But the fact that it wasn't a catalogued gun threw me. I checked Gunbroker, as suggested, and got an idea of what others are asking. I'll be off to the store Saturday or Monday to see what I can do.
Thanks again,
Larry

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The .45 stainless Bisleys are still readily available from William's. Get your dealer to give a call and see what new will cost. They had both single cylinder and convertibles last week.
This caliber in these has stayed steady even dropped as they're still available unlike the other calibers in this series.
I'd say value on used should be adjusted with them NOT being as scarce as ppl think they are.

dougader

Hunter
These are not cataloged items. They are done at the request of distributors, in this case it was AccuSport and now Williams.

I got mine off Gun Broker, but only because their prices were actually better (including shipping and transfer fees) than my local dealer wanted to cut me.

I need to renew my FFL I guess. That will be a New Year's resolution I can keep! :)