Need SR9 firing pin help, problem?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Once you've depressed the trigger and the striker spring is no longer under tension, if the striker does slide around in the channel, it's not going to with sufficient force to pop a primer off.

If you're still worried about it, take it to the range and let the slide slam into battery with the trigger depressed. If it doesn't slam-fire after a full mag of doing that, that'd hopefully cure your worries.

-JT

A

Anonymous

One thing ive been wondering about....

How does the SR9 get away with the barrel unlocking from the slide so quickly. On my gun the slide unlocks from the barrel almost immediately after the slide recoils any distance. On my P95 the slide and barrel stay locked together for a good half inch or so before parting ways. IT certainly puts the SHORT in short recoil operated, it seems to be on the verge of straight blowback operation.

just curious

jhearne

Buckeye
Wouldn't really know, haven't gotten to know my father's P95. But the distance to "unlock" is pretty short I think it has something to do with the SR9 being a cam-block design and the P95 being a link sort of mecanism. Not sure, just a guess.

Josh

e00912

Bearcat
Thanks for this post, Linking mine to this as well. I had the same issue with the firing pin

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=123992&highlight=