Need some exact lengths.. OMBH / SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have a couple of revolvers I got a pretty good deal on and they aren't really calling to me in their present form. Both are pretty rough cosmetically and their long barrels aren't working.

I think that my OMBH .357 6.5" would look better with a 5.5" barrel and I would need the exact length from the cylinder face for that, I want it to look factory. There is a bit of pitting at the very end of the barrel and this would cure that.

The other gun is a Security Six that wears a hefty 6" barrel now, I've always thought a snubnose .357 would really be nice, although I would really like a Speed Six this will do. I'd like to chop that one down to 2 3/4". Thanks!

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
You might be better off looking for a factory 2 3/4 barrel for the sec. six. I did the same thing making a short barrel sec. six out of a 4" I got for almost nothing at a estate sale.

Well here are some 5 1/2" WHAT RUGER SHOUD HAVE MADE :roll: .

Jim
pair45s.jpg

you can cut it down to ANY length you want......or just clean up and recut the crown ( maybe polish the muzzle) I remove pits from them all the time on different guns for folks...any refinisher can handle that job
as for Security or Speed Six, best to try and find a short barrel,too much work in redoing those,BUT again, enough time and money and it can be done.....good luck

mattsbox99

Hunter
Thanks, my pitting is actually in the bore, I'm not aware of a way to correct that. It still shoots very well, but its ugly in there and I don't like it, plus a 5.5" would be a nice different touch.

lv2tinker

Bearcat
mattsbox99":vqhejbrp said:
The other gun is a Security Six that wears a hefty 6" barrel now, I've always thought a snubnose .357 would really be nice, although I would really like a Speed Six this will do. I'd like to chop that one down to 2 3/4". Thanks!

Is this a Stainless Steel or a Blued Security Six?

Latest posts