Need Opinions Selling a 1B rechambered to 7mm STW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Opinions only right now please. I have an almost new Ruger 1B originally chambered in 7 Rem Mag that I had rechambered to 7mm STW by a well known professional gunsmith for a planned Western Elk hunt that never materialized. At this time in my life I have no use for this rifle. It is in exvellent condition, topped with a high end Weaver variable scope, plus reloading dies, cases, bullets, and several hundred primers. Rifle is is capable of shooting 1'' 100 yard groups and has only 60 rounds thru it at actual count. My question to you astute Rugerites, is there a market for this rifle here or on GunBroker for a wildcat caliber rifle that Ruger never chambered a rifle. Hate to take pictures, inventory all components, and work out a price if no interest in someone wanting to buy this rifle. Opinions and or interest guys...please?

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Those are nice Rifles. I'm not sure of the 7mmSTW cartridge.
We use 308Win on Elk because they are usually within 100yds
shots.

The only interest I see on the Internet Forums is over on
the Long Range Hunting site.

There is interest out there. My favorite Local Gun Store
had some rifles in 7mmSTW several weeks ago, and
went for crazy high prices.

The Best to you and your Endeavors.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
You can throw it up on gunbroker and see what people might be willing to pay. Or you get lucky and a 7mm stw enthusiast really wants it. Maybe comb some of the forums where people are interested in that caliber.