Need little help with a Ruger International

Help Support Ruger Forum:

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
I picked up a slick little International at the gun show today and would like to know what year it was made. It has the red pad and is a 7x57. cal. The serial number is 132-68xxx. The rifle is really a little show peice because someone has engraved the side plates with a deer on one side and a elk on the other side, very tasteully done. I do not know what the value of this rifle is but it is approx 98 %. Thanks

G2

Hunter

As to value, what ever YOU paid for it. :wink:

If you want our opinions as to value, post up some pics, there worth a 1000 words.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
- Impossible to say as the factory condition was destroyed by the engravings or etchings. Could it be a "student sample", meaning a gunsmith student-engraving sample gun?
Ruger's website will tell you the (approx.) year it shipped, and a letter will be more precise.
"98%" should mean essentially hard to tell if it has ever been used, allowing for very light shine on very limited locations on metal edges, etc and no wear or damage to wood finish...
I bought a 7x57 RSI from the Winchester Gallery in Ft. Worth in 2010 ANIB/used with a rough original box for $795 plus TX sales taxes. Could've paid more.

pete44ru

Hunter

Presuming that your "International" is a #1 rifle & not an M-77, if you could post some pics, I'm sure there are some here that would like to see the engraving.

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
I don't own a camera and my cell phone is outdated or I would have posted pics. It is a #1 International and shoots good also. I loaded some rounds yesterday with H-4350 and a 139 grain Hornady seated out to OAL 3.055 but haven't shot them yet. It shoots the Hornady Superformance 140's well. I will try to get some pics up in the near future.

Latest posts