Need information on 50TH anniversary 357 engraved!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ceadermtnboy

Blackhawk
I saw a 50th anniversary blackhawk 357 mag with engraving. It is not the gold engrraving but looks like mechanical engraving. It has a letter signed by Paul Lantuch with the Studio letterhead saying it is out of the fatory. I remember them being listed on the old Studio website gallary as mechanical engraving western scroll limmited to 1000 guns. I do not see theese on gunbroker or other sites. The owner said they only made 19 of theese? It is for sale for 1400.00. Can someone give me so information on whether they are hand engraved, machine engraved, the quanitity made, and if the price is o.k.

thanks!!!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I take it you are talking about the gun listed in the upcoming RIA auction. That revolver is listed in the RENE, and it was factory Machine Engraved, Ruger Studio of Art and Decoration and the letter is signed by Stephen Sanetti not Paul.

Ruger also sent some revolvers to Automated Finishing for Machine Engraving. Three of which have been sold through Ruger Auction on GB, I was able to buy the first one offered, and another forum member also won the last one offered. These guns were prototype's for an Engraving project that Ruger was toying with of offering a plain affordable Engraved gun but never came to be. I do know that there are some more of these guns at Ruger but it is not clear if they will be put up for auction.

Terry

SBH4628

Blackhawk
I found this old post wondering if it was one of the recent Ruger auction engraved 50th flat tops.
Sorry for any confusion.
Daniel