Need Help pricing a trade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3T

Bearcat
I have 2, Bisley 5.5 inch 44mag Vaqueros that I doubt I'll ever shoot much. One in Blue and one in Stainless. Each revolver has less than 100 rounds fired through it. Each has original box and all paperwork.

I am interested in a Super Redhawk 44mag, 7inch Stainless in LIKE condition.

How would you price a fair trade/trade with $$?

diyj98

Single-Sixer
I think Contender might be a little low on the Redhawk. The dealer price on the Redhawk 44's is about $600.00 now. Expect someone likes Bud's or discount retailer to have them for $674 to $700, more in a traditional gun shop. They've really went up in the last couple years.

contender

Ruger Guru
I've seen a few in the last few months around the $550 mark,, but it might be a bit higher where you are. I wasn't really shopping them in 44 so they could be creeping up a bit.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
If you've seen the 44's for $550, they've got some old stock or they have used guns. The current dealer WHOLESALE pricing is higher than $550. Retail of course a good bit higher depending upon your dealer's markup. The 480 Super Redhawks are a good bit cheaper for whatever reason.

"like condition...' Super Redhawks around here, are in the $500 to $550 range at any given show.................yes, "NEW" the 'MSRP' is way up there.
My friend picked up one Sunday, with a Leupold 2X scope on it for $575......box and all and it looked as good as new.
Shop around, shop the 'deal' and you will come out money ahead, can buy LOTS of ammo then............ :wink:

3T

Bearcat
Thanks Guys,

I'm sure there is a little difference in prices depending on location. I'm toying with putting them up on the Classifieds to sell/trade as I hate to keep them locked in the safe when someone could be shootin them :)

diyj98

Single-Sixer
The wholesale betwen a Vaquero and a 44 Redhawk is about $170.00 to $180 depending upon which distributor is used. Figure about the same if comparing used gun to used gun as well.