need help on getting this fixxed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DC13

Bearcat
Ok so my mag. release is very hard to get off but I cant find a way to get it out to fix it. I have read the how to detail clean but it doesnt get the release out. I tried all types of lithium grease and none work. So how can I get it out or should I lose my gun for a few weeks to get it sent to Ruger.
Thanks for the help,
DC13

Grendel

Single-Sixer
I believe he's referring to an SR9.

After clearing the gun and field stripping, place the frame on a bench block or improvised bench block. I use a thick roll of packing or duct tape. I usually place the frame left side down (opposite ejection port) so that the frame is supported and the pin has some place to go. I also leave a magazine partially inserted. Drive the pin out with some sort of punch. I leave the mag partially inserted because I've had the mag catch fly out under the spring tension. Be very careful not to try to seat the mag while driving the pin out. Pain in the neck to get things back apart if you do that.

Clean the mating surfaces of the mag release button and mag catch. If possible, do a F-n-B on the mating surfaces. That's where you'll apply your grease, if you wish.

-JT

DC13

Bearcat
Thanks I did that before I saw this. Sorry it was for a SR9. The thing is still really bad on the right side but thank god I'm a lefty. But it looks like I need to send it in.