Need help in finding the year my mk2 was manufactured

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stocks_sd

Bearcat
First off...I'm new here and I raised the same question on the other ruger forum. Is it ok to use both forums for questions or is that frowned upon? I think I remember a thread being frozen on this forum because it was already being discussed on another forum. Please let me know. Thanks.

Now as far as the year of my mark2. I bought it new in the early to mid nineties (I believe) but not sure exactly. I went to Ruger's website and looked under the serial number history but there aren't any serial numbers beginning with 210. Does anybody know when the 210 serial numbers were made and if not is there another way for me to find out?

Thanks,
Randy

reakin

Single-Sixer
Call Ruger records department and ask. The nice ladies there will be glad to look it up for you.

reakin

contender

Ruger Guru
While the Ruger website is a descent source,,, most of us here know of MANY mistakes on the website. If you call records,,, they will be very accurate. But, if you post the serial number, we can give you the correct year. BTW; the 210 series began in 1984, and from what I can see, started with 210-50001 and was only used in 1984.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Sorry that posted twice guys.

I've heard that before about the online list, I've never had any issues with it, but your best bet would probably calling Ruger.

yep, according to our notes and based on RENE observations, I'd say it was 1984.........as for the "actual" month it was shipped as said above, you'd have to call records and ask...........

stocks_sd

Bearcat
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't really worried about the month just wanted to know what year it was manufactured. I'm suprised by 1984 because I was in junior high then and like I said before I picked it up early to mid nineties.

Cherokee...Thanks for the link but that was where I originally looked before I started this thread...no 210 series.

Thanks again,
Randy

marano

Bearcat
It is not a Mark III and it has a serial number with the prefix 218. Does not appear to be in the list.

d findley

Single-Sixer
The MKII 210 prefix started with 210-00000 and up. The first several thouand were stamped US and went to the military.

chet15

Hawkeye
Hey, I found an improvement in my reference that I'd never caught before. The production ranges for the Mark II pistol are correct, except I've now added that the serial number range of 210-00001 to 210-50000 is composed of "U.S." marked and mostly non-"U.S." marked MK678G that were produced from 1984 through 1988.
This will appear in the next revision I do.
Chet15