Need Bearcat parts

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nonferrous

Bearcat
Hi,
I have a Bearcat that is missing the entire Ejection rod assembly. I bought it from a friend about 20 years ago and it has been in the safe ever since. The serial # is straight 5 digits, 67***.
He carried it on horseback and loaded it by pulling the cylinder pin and dropping the cylinder, it hasn't been shot much.
I wish that I had taken care of it then, but I didn't. Can anyone get me started on the parts hunt. There is a bottom tapped hole on the side of the muzzle and a tapered hole on the front of the frame, in line with the loading gate. It looks like a simple fix if I can find the parts.
Thanks

flatgate

Hawkeye
Brownells, Midway, Sturm Ruger & Co. all carry the parts.

If dealing with Ruger you'll probably have to ask for parts from a Ruger New Bearcat.

Also, Lee's Gun Parts in Texas may have "vintage" parts.

109357236.jpg

My image does NOT show the Ejector Rod or Spring or the Ejector Housing screw.

flatgate

nonferrous

Bearcat
Thanks,
The breakdown picture helps a lot. I guess there is little to no chance that anyone one the site would have these lying around, I will start with Lee's.

Thanks again, Len

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
Flatgate has posted the excellent pics,,, and you could try a "WTB" posting in the classifieds section here. The parts may be available from a few members here.

winterwood

Single-Sixer
If you order the parts from Ruger, they will want to verify that the gun has the safety conversion. They will expect you to supply the serial number. If the conversion has not been made, they will not sell you the parts. They will perform the conversion at no cost, but you must pay shipping to them. They will take care of shipping for the return. They usually return the old parts and the value of the gun is assumed to be unchanged; however, the action will most likely be stiffer. They list the turn around time at about six to eight weeks, but work load will delay return from time to time.
Enjoy a great handgun that is fun to shoot. I run a couple of hundred rounds through one nearly every week. The cans and bottle caps don't stand a chance.

wheelgun1958

Buckeye
nonferrous":2b7vvobs said:
Thanks,
The breakdown picture helps a lot. I guess there is little to no chance that anyone one the site would have these lying around, I will start with Lee's.

Thanks again, Len

Ya might give em a call first. Could save you a trip to Irving. 972-790-0773

But, then again, I always enjoy listening to the stories while he's digging through the bins.

http://www.leesgunparts.com/

nonferrous

Bearcat
Thanks guys, points well taken.
I dug this one out as I had decided to thin out some of my collectibles and turn the assets into shooters. I don't know what the disease would be called, but as I handled the gun and looked it over, the thought occured to me, gee, this is cool, I should get at least one more of these.

Thanks again, Len

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Brownell's stock numbers:
New Bearcat
Ejector housing: 780-000-939AC
Ejector housing screw : 780-000-944AC
Ejector rod: 780-000-951AC
Ejector rod spring: 780-000-946AC

It won't be a steel ERH like the one that it shipped with (I think), but this will get you shooting while you hunt for vintage parts.
Shoudl be about $25 shipped unless you can get the dealer discount.

street

Hunter
Aggie01":6dxvze7c said:
Brownell's stock numbers:
New Bearcat
Ejector housing: 780-000-939AC
Ejector housing screw : 780-000-944AC
Ejector rod: 780-000-951AC
Ejector rod spring: 780-000-946AC

It won't be a steel ERH like the one that it shipped with (I think), but this will get you shooting while you hunt for vintage parts.
Shoudl be about $25 shipped unless you can get the dealer discount.

Steel ejector rod housings go up to a little over 52,000 serial number range. Alum ejector rod housings start at around 37,000 range. As you see there is an overlap. As this Bearcat is in the 60,000 range it should have an alum. ejector rod housing. All information comes from RENE, and if any of you don't have this, here is a link.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30544

All Vaqueros are New Models even the Old Model Vaqueros are New Models.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Thanks for clarifying. I'm not a collector - I was guessing.
Looks like commercially available parts will fix you right up, nonferrous.
I'm the kinda guy who put an early Bearcat steel ERH on his Super Bearcat. And a New Bearcat steel trigger guard.

nonferrous

Bearcat
Thanks,
I will check Brownell's, Midway has them as well. It looks like it should be Aluminum.
Aggie, that upgrade must have added some heft.

Thanks again

I have also had some luck finding Ruger factory parts with Bear Creek Gun parts:

http://www.parts4guns.com/

He lists the parts you seek as having them in stock. I suggest giving a call as email has some difficulty to that location for some reason.