Need an approx value on a Ruger Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Was at a gun show Sunday. Fellow had n old Ruger Flattop 357. 4 5/8? inch. It was in absolutely beautiful condition. 99 1/2%. Serial was under 2600. Price was more than anyone wanted to spend. I made him an offer of 800 bucks. Too much? Anyone know an approx date of manufacture? No box but he had documents. Told me he bought it new and I do believe it. He was even older than me!

gunzo

Buckeye
Several folks here will have a better idea than me, but it probably could bring12 & up. So I don't think you offered too much.

Skeet 028

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info. Yeah... he wanted more. He told me they go for what he wanted on GB to which I replied less their fees and shipping costs as well as the FFL costs to ship. And I was offering cash where he didn't have all the worries and possible returns. The only concern I really have...the darn gun is really nice. I may not want to shoot it

Skeet, that was a fair offer, and it was not meant to be,,,,I've had two, a bit later in the 14,000 range sold the one to Bob C ( rest his soul) he was with me when I got it one of the last gun shows we were together at, and another we sold recently same number range but in the box and it went for $950, yes on paper today they are more but only worth what some one is willing to pay , and we see them just SIT THERE........... patience Sir, you did it right, money talks , BS walks.........;):rolleyes::cool:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
You had 'Bird in the hand".
He wanted "Pie in the sky".
Offer what you are comfortable with and leave it there if he sees it differently.
If you like the gun a lot, leave him a phone number.

SLG

Bearcat
I don't know the value, but it seems that any flattop under $1000 is still good.