Need a [2] gun case

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Hello, Im in need of a 2 pistol gun case that will also allow me bring some amo along to the range. I got a SR9 + a .22Mark II. UNDER $70.00 ?????? Thanks for your replies!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
You should be able to get a hard plastic case suitable for what you need for well under $70 at any sporting goods or gun shop. Or go to any X-Mart and buy a hard shell brief case and some foam rubber. That should be WAY under $70 total.

If you want a "range bag" to carry the pistols plus a lot of other stuff, Midway typically has their house-brand bag on sale for $40 or so. Add a couple of inexpensive "pistol rugs" and you are all set.

Finally CDNN Sports has a two pistol soft zippered soft case for $10.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/sopica2newta.html

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
The Code Alpha tactical bags are pretty good and very well built.

I have the Tactical Computer bag offered on the NRA Store website, but remove the internal laptop slip bag and use it as a large range bag. I can put 3 pistols, all of my shooting accessories, and has 3 ammo pouches on the front. Sells for approx. $90 on the NRA Store website.

But here's another Code Alpha bag more in the range you wanted, and looks like a great bag. It will be well built :

http://www.sportsgearsuperstore.com/product/3931

Here's another website with the same type of Code Alpha bag I have, but is digital cammo instead of tactical black and does not have NRA Logo embroidered. I have seen this bag priced from $90 - $109 range.

They have this bag listed at $78...that is a good price for this large bag.

http://www.gpc3000.com/ItemDetail.aspx?itemId=41

Regards,

MD

Mike J

Hunter
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG141-1.html
This is what my wife got me for Christmas a couple of years ago. At first I thought it was huge but now I appreciate the size. I agree with hittman about it being hard to get one too big. I have took 4 guns, extra magazines, ammo 2 pairs of ear muffs, shooting glasses, ammo & targets to the range in this bag.

MTH2600

Bearcat
I just created a 3 gun case from a Targus laptop case ($20 at Wally World)
I put one slab of 1" foam on the bottom, carved holes in another piece in the shape of the pistols and then added another layer on top.
Now my SR9, Neos and JHP45 can all travel comfortably together. I'm guessing that with smaller pistols, 4 would fit pretty easily. The long barrel on the Neos takes up some extra room.
The inside and outside pockets on the bag are just right for a bunch of magazines.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
MTH2600":1pakhlzn said:
I just created a 3 gun case from a Targus laptop case ($20 at Wally World)
I put one slab of 1" foam on the bottom, carved holes in another piece in the shape of the pistols and then added another layer on top.
Now my SR9, Neos and JHP45 can all travel comfortably together. I'm guessing that with smaller pistols, 4 would fit pretty easily. The long barrel on the Neos takes up some extra room.
The inside and outside pockets on the bag are just right for a bunch of magazines.

Where can I get the foam from? Thanks !

Glasstream15

Bearcat
I love the Plano Guide Series 1404 cases. Guide Series are tan color. They also have the same thing in black as the Protector Series that i got at Gander Mountain for about $20 each. I got 4 of them. I use them for cameras, fishing reels and guns.

http://www.planomolding.com/tackle/products.asp

I can put a Ruger P90, a G19, a PF9 and a P3AT in one with a couple extra mags. It has "pick & pluck" foam so that it is very easy to customize to hold your guns very securely in place with enough padding to be proof against almost anything. I custom fit one for my cameras and 1 for some reels, but I have not done that for guns. There are 3 layers of foam and I put 1 large an 1 small gun between layers with a couple of spare mags and it's all held very securely.

The case are "splash resistant", not waterproof and they have 2 locking lugs which makes a theif at least slow down.

No, I do not work for them, but I have been using these type cases for 10 years and think they are well worth the money.

MTH2600

Bearcat
Foam padding is available at most any fabric or hobby store(Hobby lobby is where I went but my wife's employee discount is the main reason).
They have the egg crate foam in blue but you have to buy a huge piece. The 1" foam comes in 15" X 17" pieces that fit just about perfectly in one direction and just need trimming about 4" in the other.
If you've never cut this stugh, an electric carving knife is ideal.

I wish I knew where to get the high density grey foam but I haven't seen it anywhere.

Look here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ACAO22/ref ... B000ACAO22

If you, or someone you know, has access to an Army/Air Force Exchange they have them. I picked one up just this last Thursday for less than $30.00 although not any of the ones in the link I posted above. Mine was made by "Ultimate Case" and is an import.
In it I have a MK III/w scope, three magazines plus the magazine loader helper, as well as my 6 1/2 in bbl Single six and the spare cylinder. It is lockable via two combination (2) locks.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
MTH2600":3slhzetp said:
Foam padding is available at most any fabric or hobby store(Hobby lobby is where I went but my wife's employee discount is the main reason).
They have the egg crate foam in blue but you have to buy a huge piece. The 1" foam comes in 15" X 17" pieces that fit just about perfectly in one direction and just need trimming about 4" in the other.
If you've never cut this stugh, an electric carving knife is ideal.

I wish I knew where to get the high density grey foam but I haven't seen it anywhere.

ABIG thanks to ya for this post!

MTH2600

Bearcat
If I could figger out how to post a pic, I'd put a couple in. It really worked out pretty well IMHO.
I had looked at the hard plastic cases but the ones I saw were either double layer or had to be flipped over. My absent minded self doesn't work well with things that flip over... ;) Something always ends up on the ground.

Targus1.jpg

[/img]
Targus2.jpg

After a little research and a re-edit, here are the pix.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
MTH2600":19o99qhu said:
If I could figger out how to post a pic, I'd put a couple in. It really worked out pretty well IMHO.
I had looked at the hard plastic cases but the ones I saw were either double layer or had to be flipped over. My absent minded self doesn't work well with things that flip over... ;) Something always ends up on the ground.

Targus1.jpg

[/img]
Targus2.jpg

After a little research and a re-edit, here are the pix.

Looks like it works good to me !