NcStar laser for P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OnTarget

Bearcat
Was wondering if anyone as used the laser that NcStar sells for around $20. Curious how it fits on the rail and if it handles the recoil very well overtime. Any input on other cheaper lasers would be good too! Thanks!

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
No laser. I like the thought of lighting up a room and seeing my target rather than hitting an exact spot. I have a Pelican Tactical Light and mounted it with a scope mount with thumb screw I bought at Wallyworld.

Rhino

Bearcat
rmansu2":3jdbp7pl said:
No laser. I like the thought of lighting up a room and seeing my target rather than hitting an exact spot. I have a Pelican Tactical Light and mounted it with a scope mount with thumb screw I bought at Wallyworld.

+1 also remember that a laser works both ways not only do you see it, but so dose your target.

A good tactical light works 2 fold not only will it help you find your target, but more than likely it will temporarily blind him as well making it much more difficult for him to acquire you.

But this is just my personal preferance YMMV.

OnTarget

Bearcat
I understand what you are saying, but call me crazy, what is the difference between BG seeing a laser and big bright white light? Blind him? Is that before he sees the big patch of light coming his way? I am all for tactical lights, but you just can't keep them on. You turn into a lighthouse. Yes you can see a laser too, in terms of knowing you are aquiring your target in a split second by seeing the red dot can be nice.

Rhino

Bearcat
There going to see your laser just as easily in a dimly lit area as a flashlight.
Whats your first reaction when a flashlight is shined in your face regardless of if you know its there.

Thats right your going to turn your head away from the light, the eye takes a few seconds to adjust to a bright light shined in your face you cannot say the same for a lazer.

Trust me I have some experiance in night time CQB tranning and none of the guys I trained with used lasers, they used a tactical flashlight for that very reason.

But the choice is yours and more than likely you wont ever be presented with this scenario so buy what you like.

Regards.

OnTarget

Bearcat
Totally agree with you on the fact that it will cause a person to turn from the bright light. I am all for tac light first before laser. I am just not big on keeping the light on at all times quickly flashing it in spaces to see what is there and then turning it off. Keeping it on all times is giving away where you are all the time. And this may be what you are talking about too. I was just wondering about the laser and it's quality. Thanks for the replies.

bandit320

Bearcat
I think they both have their own uses. The light to identify and illuminate the threat. The Laser for targeting. Not really mutually exclusive.

Mike

recoilguy

Bearcat
I bought a Ncstar laser that attaches to the trigger gaurd for my .22. Just to see what a 20 buck laser could do. It does exactly what you think a 20 buck laser will do. Breaks. After 2 shots it would not zero in again. I now have a tatictial looking laser pointer that barely works. I would not buy a NC Star laser. I would save and get a good one. Or do without.

RCG