National Holiday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My wife was born exactly one year after the bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, and our oldest daughter was born exactly 25 years after the Heroshima bombing. They get upset every year when I remind them of the historical significance of their birthdays.

Just reflecting on the recent national holiday, which was my birthday, June 19th. The fact that my birthday is honored with a national holiday, I was wondering if some special recognition was due me on the forum?
here, not feeling the love? ill send you some! 19th was nice as well. my retired cop uncle sent me this. he's such a pot stirrer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240619-134514_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240619-134514_Messages.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20

KIR

Sparks, NV
Don't know whether to feel glad or sad, for those whose B-Day falls on Feb 29th. On one hand they only get one B-Day every four years, but then they are younger then most... :eek::rolleyes:

My wife was born exactly one year after the bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, and our oldest daughter was born exactly 25 years after the Heroshima bombing. They get upset every year when I remind them of the historical significance of their birthdays.
Those bombs saved all lot a American lives and even more Japanese lives than the bomb took. I appreciate their distress, but it needs to be kept in perspective.

I'm probably going on numerous lists for this, but as it's gay pride month and we recently had black history month, not to mention various other ethnic/religious specific months. Where is straight, white, males history/pride month?

Isn't the very definition of discrimination the exclusion of a specific group based on race, religion, gender or creed?

Where is all this diversity they speak of?

I'm probably going on numerous lists for this, but as it's gay pride month and we recently had black history month, not to mention various other ethnic/religious specific months. Where is straight, white, tax paying, males history/pride month?

Isn't the very definition of discrimination the exclusion of a specific group based on race, religion, gender or creed?

I believe you forgot tax paying.

I'm probably going on numerous lists for this, but as it's gay pride month and we recently had black history month, not to mention various other ethnic/religious specific months. Where is straight, white, males history/pride month?

Don't you know straight white males caused all the problems.

Latest posts