NAA revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

skeeter

Single-Sixer
Anybody else like NAA mini revolvers? Kind of a novelty not really practical. Of course many things I like are impractical.

Precision32

Blackhawk
I read a report of some Rosie O'Donnel going on a stabbing spree in a Walmart. A woman put a mini to the back of the perpetrator's head as he had his victim on the floor and said, "If you so much as move I splatter your brains across the floor." For some reason the dude did not move until LEO came on scene.

I carry one in 22 wmr as a backup to my 44 Bulldog Pug. It may not be the best but it's a hell of a lot better than praying.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I have one of their cap and ball models. It's a hoot to play with, but soda cans at five yards is stretching things. As I recall, the bullet weight's about 29 gr (.22 Short size?) and the powder charge is 2 1/2 gr of Goex 4Fg. Here's a brief glimpse at my buddy shooting it (click the picture to activate video.) Though the recoil's fierce, he shoots his 629 often enough to be able to handle a kicker, and he did get the can! ;)

I've heard the .22 WRM is actually a viable option at up close and personal range... like across a card table?

Rick C

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Precision32 said:
II carry one in 22 wmr as a backup to my 44 Bulldog Pug.
It may not be the best but it's a hell of a lot better than praying.
It also saves the clean-up on the floor from the guy looking at the
business end of your .44. :roll:
(also saves the smell) :shock:

AJGUNNER

Hunter
skeeter said:
Kind of a novelty not really practical.

I have carried one for 20+ years with the folding belt clip/holster in the front pocket of my fishing vest. No ---- not my Alaska fishing vest, my fly fishing vest. I keep it loaded with 2 rounds of bird/snake, shot followed by 3 stingers. It has killed a few rattle snakes in its day, and also put enough fear in a large bull to allow me to get between a
the barbed wire fence wires without shredding my waders. You would be surprised how effective even the 22 bird shot is on a small/medium snake. The bonus is that it also does not shred the hide, so you can still get a nice skin out of them.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Toss one in my pocket every time I leave the house. It's light and takes very little room. While I will likely never need my primary, and it's even less likely the primary will fail, it's cheap insurance. And as we all know Murphy will poke his ugly head up at the worst possible time.

Latest posts