N M Blackhawk on the way

Help Support Ruger Forum:

philthephlier

Bearcat
I just ordered my first NM Blackhawk, a blued 5-1/2" in 45 Colt. What can I look forward to in this revolver?

Aggie01

Blackhawk
It might have tight cylinder throats. Other than that, all you can look forward to is asking yourself why didn't you have one before and what other calibers you need...

If you handload, you have just purchased one of the most versatile revolvers available off a dealers shelves.

Rclark

Hunter
You can look forward to 'lots' of fun and good shooting. My BH and Vaquero in .45 Colt are my two favorite revolvers that I shoot. Load slow, load medium, load hot.... the gun can do it all. I prefer loading sub 1000fps for my shooting. Mine is currently zeroed for around 850-900fps (per manual, not chronographed).

As said above, you may have to have the cylinders reamed or do it yourself. Find out how it shoots first however! May not need it!

drew76

Bearcat
You can look forward to getting into casting your own bullets if you have not done so already!
For me, that's half the joy in owning a Blackhawk 45 colt.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
the 5 1/2" .45 BH was my first Ruger as well. It was the one that started the affliction. Careful! :lol: