My wish: 3 Inch GP-100 in .45 LC.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
Would be better in .45acp... regardless, it would probably have to be a five-shot... good idea though. :)

dougader

Hunter
A GP100 in 44 Special or 45 Colt sounds great to me.

How about a Ruger Alaskan with a 4- or 5-inch barrel in calibers like 454, 480 Ruger, 475 Linebaugh, 50 Special and 500 Linebaugh?

How about the same big bores in the Bisley style BH and Bisley Hunter single actions?

I'd also love to see the 327 Federal in the little Single Six. That would be a perfect little woods or varmint gun. I'd get one for myself and my daughter

deac45

Single-Sixer
I'd like to see a mating of the Redhawk to a GP/Super Redhawk style gripframe. 5" barrell, 45Colt...I'd be a happy camper!

deac45

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
knuckles":1wb8xkq3 said:
Would be better in .45acp... regardless, it would probably have to be a five-shot... good idea though. :)

I have trouble understanding someone who would want a .45 ACP over a .45 Colt, unless cylinder length was a concern. As far as loads go, the .45 ACP is sadly lacking when compared to the Colt. The hottest .45 ACP is just a middle of the road round compared to the range for .45 Colt in a Ruger. If you like the 230g ACP round, the Colt can be downloaded to the same specs. And no moon clips necessary!

??

welder

Buckeye
Make mine 45acp. too please. Moon clips used a speed loaders and plenty of ammo selection. Would be great for it's purpose in my case, ccw. Shorter cyl would be better too I think. 45Colt, for the BH is fine where I could load up if needed.

mattsbox99

Hunter
.45 ACP and 10mm with moon clips, 6 shots like the 610/625. I would like them in a blued Redhawk though. I'd also take a 10mm / .40 S&W 6 shot GP.

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
A 5 shot .44 special or .45 LC would be great on a GP platform.

I wonder how the cylinder length and circumference of a GP100 compares to that of the L frame S&W 696? They put out a 5 shot .44 special for a few years. I will check it out tomorrow. Getting too late for spec research and my old eyes are getting blurry.

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
tomiswho":31lzr428 said:
knuckles":31lzr428 said:

I have trouble understanding someone who would want a .45 ACP over a .45 Colt, unless cylinder length was a concern. As far as loads go, the .45 ACP is sadly lacking when compared to the Colt. The hottest .45 ACP is just a middle of the road round compared to the range for .45 Colt in a Ruger. If you like the 230g ACP round, the Colt can be downloaded to the same specs. And no moon clips necessary!

??

There are more selections for off the shelf defense loads for the 45acp. The 45acp has a great reputation as a fight stopper.

There are some that will argue that "roll your own loads" are not a good idea for use in a self defense situation as they may not be as reliable as factory and that it could be used against you in court. I'm not sure if any of that has been proven but that is the reasons I have heard not to use reloads.

Still I would take one in 45 colt or 45 acp. Course 45 colt with the cylinder set up to handle moon clips so I could shoot 45 colt or 45 acp would be even better. :)

Snake45

Hawkeye
tomiswho":wkynzbdn said:
I have trouble understanding someone who would want a .45 ACP over a .45 Colt, unless cylinder length was a concern.

??
It's all about the snowflake clips. No revolver reloads faster than one using the wonderful little snowflake clips. (Plus which, you can put two of them in a pouch designed to hold one speedloader, or four in a double speedloader pouch.)

Good stuff!

Kanook

Buckeye
It makes me wonder how many people settle for a GP or a different brand because they can't get a steal handled 357. I would like the Redhawk to come back in 357 and even in 454.

How about a 454 super blackhawk.

I like the new 45 Redhawk but I hate the grip.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
knuckles":15csepv5 said:

that would be SWEET !