My Veridian Experience

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sez388

Bearcat
I ordered my Veridian Laser the same day I bought my SR9. It arrived in a very timely manner. Unfortunately, the battery door popped open on every shot. I contacted Veridian and they PROMPTLY sent me a replacement battery door. I went to the range to test the new door and it failed, too. When I got home, I wrote another email to them requesting a refund. THAT SAME DAY another battery door was in my mailbox. Tom and Michelle explained that they had retooled the battery covers. Lo and behold, that one failed, also. I got ahold of Tom again asking for a refund, via email. I immediately received a return shipping label, returned the unit and they sent a new laser (and a cool hat) in a week. I tested it that day - It works PERFECTLY.
These people went out of thier way to take care of me, they were very prompt in every communication and they were very polite. Seems I just got ahold of a lemon, but they took care of it.

Bye the way, My SR9 has had NO FTE, FTF or any other malfunction using handloads and various factory ammo. After around 800 rounds, the trigger has smoothed out to be one the best in my stable. I have experienced no barrel peening. The pistol is easy to clean, easy to maintain and very reliable and extremely accurate

kscott

Single-Sixer
That's a crappy series of events, but I'm glad they did take care of you. Sounds like super quick shipping on those battery doors. I'm gearing up to order one soon.

sez388

Bearcat
Yeah, I felt like crap that second time around, I had actually burned out an email before checking the mail box that day. It was coincidence that they had sent out the new kind of cover. The third one looked different than the others, larger "tooth", but it didn't work. After they sent me the new complete unit, I'm good. I just got back from the range and put another 65 rounds thru with no failures. The first 50 Winchester white box, last 15 some of my own hotter loads with 125 gr. LRN. The SR9 just keeps getting better - I LOVE my trigger no matter what anyone else says

jhearne

Buckeye
Good to hear sez388, that's some pretty good service, despite your having to contact them. Their will to resolve the problem on their dime is what's important, and their quick response time was a great bonus. I have been seeing a few pretty good CS reports lately, from Ruger, Veridian and Crimson Trace too, I take it as good news, and hope the trend continues.

Josh

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
got ahold of a lemon????

A lemon is a rare individual unit in a lineup that generally works.

In your case it sounds like the design was bad. They were sending one after another, until they redesigned the darn thing to work.

They should have given you more than a hat in my opinion for being a test subject.