My three most used single actions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
I have a few more but these are the ones that go to the range most often. Nothing fancy. The Single Six is easy to carry on hikes and just plain fun to shoot, the .45 Blackhawk is a convertible and also shoots .45 ACP lead RN reloads quite well so it does double duty at times. The .44 mag was bought used, apparently someone's project gun. Bead blasted and the barrel has been chopped off a bit so it's a bit easier to carry. Like the Blackhawk, it is very accurate with either light or heavy loads. :)

Picture310.jpg

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
Great guns indeed,....my most take to the range guns are also .44, 45 & my single six guns in .32 mag. I have the same BH as you have, only without the ACP cylinder. I do have a convertable with the 5-1/2" barrel that hardly gets out, but since I loaded up some .45 ACP with 200 gr SWC cast bullets for my 1911 pistols, that is going to change.
Thanks Baker for another good idea :idea: & for showing your "fun guns".

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Nice!

Is the Super stainless, unfinished after the bead blast, or ??? I've never seen a stainless Super with a dragoon trigger guard, but then, I've never looked for one.

-- Sam

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Nice 3 gun set !

I can relate as the ones that i sue and carry the most are

The Single Six in 32 mag for a light carry every where gun

P2160006.jpg

The 45 Vaquero with an ACP cylinder as it can pull double duty for either woods or social encounters :)

PA310002.jpg

and the Vaquero in 44 mag just because i like 44 mag :)

PA310007.jpg

dbarale

Obsolete
JWhitmore44":204wb32o said:
The 45 Vaquero with an ACP cylinder as it can pull double duty for either woods or social encounters :)

PA310002.jpg

This makes me wish I were skilled enough with a SA to be comfortable carrying one. It's just plain sexy.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":3awxipfb said:
I've never seen a stainless Super with a dragoon trigger guard.................
-- Sam

You been livin' under a rock? :D

Introduced in the early '80's. Still produced.

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
tek4260":2tq01067 said:
Was that Super originally a 10"? The ERH looks mighty long..

Yes, that apears to be a KS411N, bull barreled silhouette model in stainless steel.

Ruger also made a KS410N, a taper barreled 10-1/2" gun. They are rather scarce whereas the bull barreled guns, with their extended length ejector housings, are quite common.

flatgate